Sundown Audio

List Of Amps Made In U.s.a.

Ben Building

i wish we could have everything built in the US but we cant and wont until the cost of manufacturing goes down its insane to think a sub motor is like 500 something dollars or more built here granite the +- tolerance would be better here in my opinion but for half that after shipping to your doorstep for something overseas its bullshit i think the problem is overseas because its overseas sales going hand in hand with dependency of overseas that drove our "cheapness" up if we still manufactured here and our dollar went up in value at the same time we could be ok with paying more for a sub built in us but we cant if i built a sub in the us i would have to sell it for over a 1000 to turn a profit rather than 500 and turn a profit .....the wackness...so all in all i am content buying something that is at least built/assembled here in the US not because of quality but because at least some of the money form the manufacturing process is staying here in our pockets.........another thing that is cool that we pay for parts to be delivered here then cause there built here the trend is US made so overseas then ends up buying the stuff bak from us so that is amusing to me...the moral of the story is to keep as much money as we can here

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

Don't forget about Korea. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of products coming from them is leaps better than your typical China sweat shop.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

Don't forget about Korea. I've come to the conclusion that a lot of products coming from them is leaps better than your typical China sweat shop.

More then a few of them build houses outsource to China too :lol: Even the cheap labor is looking to save a few bucks :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yeah but there is a difference of quality in WHO makes it right? It's like comparing USA Union to 14 yo girls.

Not really.

If you hold your build house to a standard, then it's doesn't matter where its made.

Besides you might more honest work out of a 14yo then most union workers these days. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

LOL true that. No offense to Union workers of course. Being made in America by Americans used to mean something. That trend seemed to be strong in the 80s and slowed in the 90s ... at least what I could see in my lifetime. Now that I think about it, I own very few things made here.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

Sorry to break your heart but 95% of all domestic vehicles actually built in the US borders are shipped elsewhere in the world. In fact there aren't that many plants in the US. The cars we drive come from Canada and Mexico assembly plants. So, the whole support our vehicles thing isn't cutting it either. The other 5% are special order vehicles. You'd have to buy a concept car to get a new US made vehicle. Remember that Car companies are taking an ass kicking themselves. But the whole cheap labor thing has been a topic for decades and isn't really what's kicking our ass. What put us over the top was Oil. Plain and simple and OVERLOOKED. I think amplifier parts made in china and korea and Brazil is fine, thats a machine process anyways, those countries have to trade something. Those countries don't have shit for natural resources like the US and thats why our country seems so great. We have everything (including a shitload of oil but we won't let ourselves touch it :crazy: ). Most other countries such as Japan, China, Brazil, Mexica, etc depend on cheap labor because they have no natural resources. It's not wrong to buy overseas, in most cases. In the case of amplifiers they will (or should) be assembled in the U.S. Those are jobs right there building amps. What's far worse than cheap labor in other countries is cheap labor in this country, as construction worker I can contest just how bad illegal immigrants are. There are illegal mexicans snatching up all kinds of jobs here in northern ILLINOIS!!! I can't even imagine how bad it is in the southern states. Thats whats taking our jobs and really fucking us over as well. This whole US made amp thing is very political really. Point is, if its assembled in the US typically it will be a much stronger reliable and solid amp then if it were assembled elsewhere. Designed in US and assembled in US is what makes a great amp. US made internals not that important. I bet the US uses the same machines as those in korea. The amps that are designed and assembled in the US are the ones that should be recognized on this thread. Quality before quantity.

USA FTMFW!!!!

this is true mostly because of the government wanting to get their tax money so if it is built out of stat they get cheaper manufacturing coast and a tax relief on importing so it saves money

Don't get lost in a maze of problems and get distracted from the original goal. I have to do work today so I'll have to pick up later.

In the meantime, we need to be thinking of ways we can do things we need to do, not why we can't. Try subwoofers on for size if amps seem too complicated to you. Nobody has to hammer out all the datails right now.

That's a really good way to remain viable.

As for building subwoofers as opposed to amplifiers, how are you going to charge the magnets? I don't have a few tons of ferrite laying around. Make the coils? Do you honestly want to hand wind them? You have a foundry to make baskets?

I don't care how you cut it, unless you are going to start manufacturing something like speaker terminals or some other extremely simple object you aren't going to be able to produce anything of decent quality.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

So who do we have as USA built? Thats the stuff I wanna run. I believe Earthquake is US built right?

My moms best friends husband owns earthquake sound along with his brother. Their warehouse is in Hayward, Cali but not sure where they are built..will ask him next time he comes to visit or i see him.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Archived