thanks for the input, and the diagram its really appreciated. I seriously doubt its the starter, or any of the starting components because of several reasons. 1: i took the starter to autozone and both the starter and solenoid tested fine 2: the timing belt is loose 3:trying to turn the crank it goes almost a full 360 in either direction before an abrupt stop, and it def feels like metal on metal 4: I have a pretty stout electrical to just start a car 5: when i tried to start the car it put a drain on my electical putting it down to 12 volts while running off of just the everstart maxx. But i am FAR from an experienced mechanic and only know the basics so if you or anyone else seriously thinks its my starter please let me know!! and i will take another look at it tomorrow once again your help is greatly appreciated

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

thanks for the input, and the diagram its really appreciated. I seriously doubt its the starter, or any of the starting components because of several reasons. 1: i took the starter to autozone and both the starter and solenoid tested fine 2: the timing belt is loose 3:trying to turn the crank it goes almost a full 360 in either direction before an abrupt stop, and it def feels like metal on metal 4: I have a pretty stout electrical to just start a car 5: when i tried to start the car it put a drain on my electical putting it down to 12 volts while running off of just the everstart maxx. But i am FAR from an experienced mechanic and only know the basics so if you or anyone else seriously thinks its my starter please let me know!! and i will take another look at it tomorrow once again your help is greatly appreciated

you could be feeling the resistance of the valve springs....I use a 30" breaker bar when manually turning a crankshaft

how did you determine the t-belt was loose? did you pull the upper cover?

Do those engines have an interference head? If they do and your timing belt was loose then there's a reasonable chance the piston has hit a valve and you're kinda up shit creek if that's happened :(

according to the service info, they are interference :sad:

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

i noticed that the belt was loose by taking the cover off, and it was def loose, like i could wiggle it around with my fingers loose. I've talked to a few mechanics and they all said it prolly jumped time, and since it did so when i was starting it there's a good chance the engine is fine, but idk today i'm gonna replace the belt, reset the timing, and try cranking it and go from there, thanks for the help guys!

Alpine cda-105

so i got a new tensioner for the timing belt and when i tried to line up the camshaft and the crank it just wouldnt happen. I was able to line up the cam with the indicator, but whevever i tried to get to tdc with the crank it would hit what i'm assuming to be a valve. So i'm thinking i bent a valve so now it looks like i have to pull the heads. If anyone can think of any other reason why i cant get the crank to tdc let me know!!! :help:

Alpine cda-105

already took the plugs out, sorry to not put that in there, so it looks like i'm pulling the head tonight.....yay

Alpine cda-105