Focal Vs Hertz

Guest DC Power Kyle

I have Hertz 163.3 (3 way) in the front and I very much enjoy them. I've listened to several lines in the Hertz and the Focal brand names. Both are nice and you honestly can't go wrong with either. They are Both excellent components. Listen to both if you can as they do sound a bit different. It is going to be a subjective decision but both are quality. My .02....bang for buck you are not going to beat Hertz. If you're truly looking for SQ then don't pay any attention to the price, but what sounds good to you. I am powering mine with a JL audio 450/4, sending 150 watts to each side. I know guys have sent more power than that but I don't think you'll tell any improvement. Also, you can have the most expensive and quality components out there but if you don't install them correctly they will sound aweful. Neither Hertz nor Focal will make up for a poor foundation.

I have Hertz 163.3 (3 way) in the front and I very much enjoy them. I've listened to several lines in the Hertz and the Focal brand names. Both are nice and you honestly can't go wrong with either. They are Both excellent components. Listen to both if you can as they do sound a bit different. It is going to be a subjective decision but both are quality. My .02....bang for buck you are not going to beat Hertz. If you're truly looking for SQ then don't pay any attention to the price, but what sounds good to you. I am powering mine with a JL audio 450/4, sending 150 watts to each side. I know guys have sent more power than that but I don't think you'll tell any improvement. Also, you can have the most expensive and quality components out there but if you don't install them correctly they will sound aweful. Neither Hertz nor Focal will make up for a poor foundation.

nicely said...

a friend of mine and a board member here had some hsk165's installed them in his doors and honestly they sounded like poop, he was running them off a PG xenon amp i believe it was passive with some telephone cable speaker wiring...

well i installed hsk163 in another friends celica off a usamps md22 200 per side passive, they get down and sound great... almost everyone ive seen personally that had focal and switched to hertz loved the hertz more...

i will say though if you want a brighter sounding tweet that tn52 is where its at...i prefer the sound of the space1/ml28 tweet myself, but thats personal preference.

the space tweeter is pretty much the same as the mille tweeter, minus the aluminum ... unfortunately I heard that the space is going bye bye... I am staying out of this, but if I could have any line, and I chose hertz over focal... it was for a reason.

the space tweeter is pretty much the same as the mille tweeter, minus the aluminum ... unfortunately I heard that the space is going bye bye... I am staying out of this, but if I could have any line, and I chose hertz over focal... it was for a reason.

thats why i put the slash there i have both tweets right here and they are exactly the same specs and all

and yes space is no more

• 1 month later...
depends on the set you want

HERTZ!!!!! All day i have 4 6.5 in my evo sound really good!

Yellow top battery

atk3x crossover

kicker sx 650.1

kicker sx 700.4

4x Hertz dieci DCX165

1x Rockford Fosgate T115d2

I need some speakers in my car and was going to go with a 2 way Focal set but just too much money for the car...its what my audio shop I go to sells, besides JL speakers

He was saying if I do go with them to pair them with an Arc Audio amp over a JL...he said they've done swaps from JL amps to Arc amps with the Focals and it sounds much better and the Arc amps are also cheaper :)...probably the amp I'm going to go with for my speakers, just haven't decided on speakers...I want something $300 tops

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

if you want Hertz its a little spendy also, but you get the performance out of what you spend at least. imo every one of the lines is pretty high in its class, if you can get a listen before you buy as you can see in this thread theres some difference in taste

Hey guys,

What do you guys think are overall better speakers?

I am looking at comparing the Focal K2P Series vs the Hi-Energy series.

I like very clean sound (natural and not harsh) not mind shattering sound.

we sell focal at the shop i work for and i gotta say if i went with focal i would go with the polyglass series. their tweeters are far less bright than the k2s' and i think sound way cleaner and deeper. I haven't heard any hertz to compare to but just saying if you were to get focal what i would do.

(2001 Dodge Durango R/T)

1- XS Power D2700

1-Alpine CDE-HD149BT (Head Unit)

1 pr.- Focal Polyglass 165v30 (Front Stage)

1 pr.- Hybrid Audio Technologies C61-2 (Rear Fill)

1-Kenwood Excelon XR-1S (Sub Amp)

1-Kenwood Excelon XR-4S (Mids-N-Highs Amp)

2- JL 10 W3v3-4 (Subs)

-2.3 Cubes tuned to 32 hz

1-1/0 ga. & Big III in 1/0

140 @45 hz db drag legal

(2008 Toyota Highlander Limited ---build in the works)

1- Kenwood DDX470 (Head Unit)

1 pr.- JL C3-650 (Front Stage)

1 pr.- JL C2-525 (Rear Fill, may upgrade to 6.5" C2 or C3 instead)

1- JL XD-400/4 (Mids-N-Highs Amp)

1- JL XD-600/1 (Sub Amp)

1- XS Power D3400

1- JL 10w3v3-2 (Sub)

1- JL 2 Ga. Amp Kit

1- BIG 3 in 1/0

1- self-built Fiberglass sub enclosure

we sell focal at the shop i work for and i gotta say if i went with focal i would go with the polyglass series. their tweeters are far less bright than the k2s' and i think sound way cleaner and deeper. I haven't heard any hertz to compare to but just saying if you were to get focal what i would do.

The polyglass is the series I was going to get from the shop...I think they want like 5 or 6 bills for the set

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived