Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need Help With Cutting!


JasonJones

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok... So after a long series of events and mistakes my 2 Fi BTL 18"s are coming tomorrow. Have all my wiring done(Only a few electrocutions one from putting the positive coming from the alt to the negative terminal on the bat!) T4k is hooked up and I'm idling at 14.75~ volts. So all is well right? Wrong... I took it upon myself to try to make my box. Now the problem is I fucked up a couple things, first not having a table saw and having Home Depot cut my wood... Guy ended up cutting the side lengths 3/4 of an inch short... Second mistake was gluing/screwing the box before noticing the mistake... So my choices were either lose a third of a cubic foot of airspace or deal with it. So I said fuck it and this'll be my test box for now and maybe build a better one down the road.

Now my question for you guys is HOW THE HELL do you measure and mark a semi-perfect circle to cut the ports for the subs? My Home Depot/Lowes are fawking ghey and don't have large drawing tools or whatever their called... And I tried the old "Put a screw into the middle and use a string and pen".... That really didn't work it ended up more like an egg shape! I guess I suck.... Anyways halp!

Posted

i use a tack a peice of cardboard and a pencil. just measure the two holes the radius of your cutout apart

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Posted
Ok... So after a long series of events and mistakes my 2 Fi BTL 18"s are coming tomorrow. Have all my wiring done(Only a few electrocutions one from putting the positive coming from the alt to the negative terminal on the bat!) T4k is hooked up and I'm idling at 14.75~ volts. So all is well right? Wrong... I took it upon myself to try to make my box. Now the problem is I fucked up a couple things, first not having a table saw and having Home Depot cut my wood... Guy ended up cutting the side lengths 3/4 of an inch short... Second mistake was gluing/screwing the box before noticing the mistake... So my choices were either lose a third of a cubic foot of airspace or deal with it. So I said fuck it and this'll be my test box for now and maybe build a better one down the road.

Now my question for you guys is HOW THE HELL do you measure and mark a semi-perfect circle to cut the ports for the subs? My Home Depot/Lowes are fawking ghey and don't have large drawing tools or whatever their called... And I tried the old "Put a screw into the middle and use a string and pen".... That really didn't work it ended up more like an egg shape! I guess I suck.... Anyways halp!

get a good drafting compass. they work great.

01 s10 blazer 6 jl12w6's

Posted
i use a tack a peice of cardboard and a pencil. just measure the two holes the radius of your cutout apart

same i use a peice of wood

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
Posted

hole saw from lowes... put it on your drill and make perfect holes... you may spend 20 or 25 bucks on it but you can use it over and over and over....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Posted

i use the plastic ring off of the subs trace the inside but oldit down and draw lightly first so ring doesnt move

Kenwood Excelon DDX812 6.95" double din

4 lvl 4 xl 15"

4 RF 1500

2 RF 600.4

2 15-MC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 15-MC92 - Memphis 6 x 9" 2 Way MClass Coaxial Speakers

2 mc memphis tweeters

memphis 16-EQP4 Signal Processors

4 2400 Kinetik

1 1800 Kinetik

iraggi 300

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=42009

1zgb4ld.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 571 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...