Blue's Prelude soon to be #3!!

ah nice man...thats like, almost the color I wanna paint mine cept I want it 3-4 shades darker...like a deep midnight blue...sucks that it got stolen man...idk what Id do if some1 took mine...but my first one I wrecked the stupidest way possible...went thru a dead end whippin it around, oversteered into the curb...(8 in. high @ ~30-40 mph) stock the lude sits at around 6 in. if I rememeber right, plus I had a friend in the car...curb grabbed the towhook and pulled down, bent the unibody @ the fender wells...I was a stupid kid who just got his license, but Ill never drive like that again. keep savin up man, you'll get another chance too!

I didnt think the H23A VTEC was ever offered in the US?? hhmm...Il have to do somemore research then...

haha 19 hours left MAYO!

well the paint job was called midnight blue pearl...i can probably get u the paint code if you want it... heres a pic at night...

Posted Image

and heres my first prelude...it was a 93 si vtec with 180,000 miles and the engine still pulled super hard...i regret soo much selling it but i had to lol...sold it for $5,300

Posted Image

and by h23a vtec what do you mean??? theres h23a1 and h22a1 and ofcourse the f22 that you have...what they do is match a h23a block with a h22a head thats called frankenstein swap lol...but pulls crazy hard...

well the paint job was called midnight blue pearl...i can probably get u the paint code if you want it... heres a pic at night...

Posted Image

and heres my first prelude...it was a 93 si vtec with 180,000 miles and the engine still pulled super hard...i regret soo much selling it but i had to lol...sold it for $5,300

Posted Image

and by h23a vtec what do you mean??? theres h23a1 and h22a1 and ofcourse the f22 that you have...what they do is match a h23a block with a h22a head thats called frankenstein swap lol...but pulls crazy hard...

nice man my first lude was black too...never had vtec in any of my hondas tho...and yeah the frank is what Im talkin about...the one that came in the euro accord wagon SIR... I might hit you up for that paint code in a couple months when I got the cash to drop on a paint job, thanks for the offer!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

gonna haveta pull some time outta my ass to get this build done on time....

but less metal= more airspace

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now I made it easier so I can put the box in the cabin and slide it back instead of tryin to fit it thru the trunk...

old box and more wood...

Posted Image

faceplate 1.5"

Posted Image

glassin under the trunk lid...

Posted Image

more...much more work tomorrow...went to a friends house to pick up some tools I left there and couldnt find my spiral upcut bit...somewhat shat on my day...but Im gonna go back and look for it tonight cuz I really dont feel like spendin another 30 bucks on a router bit

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

So are you gonna be sealed off from the trunk?

Is the glass on the deck to make it more rigid?

yep itll take up the whole space in the trunk besides the little side pockets right behind the taillights...and the glassing on the deck is a mold Im makin for the base of a fan setup...I have no other place to mount the amp, so its gonna be on the back of the box on an angle. since it wont see much cooling back there, im setting up 4 fans (2 pull 2 push) mounted to the trunk lid for cooling.

well had to drop the fan idea for now...just not enough time or resin for it...but I did get alot done...glassed all day (im a little wwwoooo right now) but here are some pics from yesterday/today...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now im waitin for the 10th layer of glass to dry on the trim ring and slung some glass on the inside of the box. not gonna be done by tonight...sucks but w/e...

man, i wish i had skills like that! cant wait for the finished product http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

haha Im sure you already got skills better than mine man but thanks!....

got more pics, but many to upload and in the middle of workin...will be up tonight...

lookin good Paul!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

lookin good Paul!!!

thanks nick!

sommmmore from today...

ground mock up

Posted Image

at this point, without the faceplate, trim ring, and sub, the box weighs in around 85 pounds...

comparison...old vs. new

Posted Image

Posted Image

port not cut yet....

Posted Image

trim ring blocked down to 220 grit and ready to be hit with high build tomorrow..

Posted Image

hopefully tomorrow Ill have the trim ring attached to the faceplate, the faceplate glued and sealed to the box, blocked down and primed, and gettin some paint on this beast!! whole things gonna weigh around 170 when done...and Im gonna go head and say Ill be puttin the sub in after this is in the car...cant wait to see how she sounds! this box is around 2 more cubes than the first one....

Archived