Sonic Electronix

Hey Guys Got 1 More Quesiton B4 My Install Done Today ! Help !

RCA cables, the ones that are in now, where installed when i had a 600 RMS amplifier, i am now running a 2600 RMS amplifier, can you get better RCA cables is there such a thing ?

when i look at my amplifier, it doesnt light up nearly as bright as most peoples other hifonics amps of the same model i have seen, so i think it is not reciving a strong enough signal or somthing perhaps ?

i should probably get mine replaced and upgraded with the new 5v head unit or would it matter ?

i thought adding the 2nd battery replacing my 1 farad capacitor that was beside the amp would fix the issue but it still doesnt light up as bright, So are there such things as differant quality RCA cables ?

or ones meant for differant RMS ? like for instance with your speaker cable gauge, is it somewhat the same with RCA cables and should i look at upgrading mine when i go to do the install of my new head unit today ?

also one last thing, 12 gauge wire is being used on my 18''s would it be wiser to switch to 8 gauge ? thanks guys ! i just want to make sure i cover EVERYTHING today and dont forget or miss somthing.

Edited by knowledgestick
smdsignature.jpg

2600RMS watts is no joke on a stock electrical system. I see that you added a rear batt, but what else? BigIII done? What is the car/truck your working with? Keep in mind that a "typical" car/truck needs anywhere from ~90-100a JUST FOR THE ON BOARD ELECTRICAL, so add a voltage hungry amp, and say for example your vehicles stock alt is only 105A (typical) your leaving hardly anything in reserve for the amp, and you are STRESSING that 1 alt, and inturn making in run VERY HOT, and inefficient. Making sense? I just upgraded to a dual alt setup, and wow, my MD3D amp is loving it. Think about it..... G/L

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

your RCA's will have nothing to do with the way your amp lights up, good RCA's are important for sound quaility

I use 8awg power wire for speaker wire on my bigger installs, may be overkill but it works great for me and it looks good too

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

2600RMS watts is no joke on a stock electrical system. I see that you added a rear batt, but what else? BigIII done? What is the car/truck your working with? Keep in mind that a "typical" car/truck needs anywhere from ~90-100a JUST FOR THE ON BOARD ELECTRICAL, so add a voltage hungry amp, and say for example your vehicles stock alt is only 105A (typical) your leaving hardly anything in reserve for the amp, and you are STRESSING that 1 alt, and inturn making in run VERY HOT, and inefficient. Making sense? I just upgraded to a dual alt setup, and wow, my MD3D amp is loving it. Think about it..... G/L

The big 3 are the grounds, battery, alternator, and what else ? sorry im still trying to learn all this.

and by grounds i mean all of it done in the propper gauge. Also i know i need a new alt thats a no brainer, im working on getting that 2nd right after my new h-u today the DC power alt is 2nd on my list, so i better start contacting the guy in this thread that was kind enough to offer me help obtianing the best one possible :)

smdsignature.jpg

your RCA's will have nothing to do with the way your amp lights up, good RCA's are important for sound quaility

I use 8awg power wire for speaker wire on my bigger installs, may be overkill but it works great for me and it looks good too

well i want the 8 gauge because of the fact it is simply less resistance with thicker wire, PLEASE LET ME BE RIGHT THERE god if i am that dumb i should just quit now ! lol

i want to eliminate every possibility for thease things to build up any extra thermal heat so that they can be played to their full potential for long periods of time.

And like you said, it looks sexy :) hehe.

thanks guys for all answering and not hating on me needing help quickly today, i am going to begin a build-log after this thread today once i get home with the new head-unit in, and i already have a before video, so i just need to make an after one. :) and then continue the log from there and all my posts will be nice and orgonized in 1 topic :) again sorry for the dash for a answer but i wanted to make sure i had everything covered before i left, and made sure the head unit infact would be worth having installed. Witch i do belive it is, as it will likely make a nice diferance in terms of reducing clipping because at high volume level's head units clip , and that is what mine does its fine until it gets past a certain point, Also i dont have a ipod plugin so i have to use the headphone jack on my ipod that also creates clipping so there will be a few things we should notice after the new head unit is in and running it should be louder at lower volume, and also should sound more clear and not that we can notice it with our ears, but reduce clipping from the ipod by using the USB connection port that doesnt create clipping and the less clipping and the less things to create added thermal build up the better !

i think i am on the right track in that area :)

*gets in sponge mode*

smdsignature.jpg

well, you seem to be making good progress. Makes sure you talk to Rob @ DC Power, and tell him seth says hi!

Will do ! i pm'd the guy on thease boards who helps them aswell and when he gets back to me i will be contacting rob i am sure :) i am glad you guys think that i am making progress it helps my confidence. Also we will be doing our first install on my girlfriends, friends car in 1 months time around and i am VERY EXITED for that

:D :D expect a full build log for that aswell, but not to distract from the point of this post/topic so if anybody has anymore opinions and facts for anything i have asked please do present them !

-andrew

smdsignature.jpg

Yes, you can get better RCA cables.

Edited by camino_1to3

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Yes, you can get better RCA cables.

could you elaborate a little bit please ? and also 1 more thing, how could i tell if my hifonics amp had faulty RCA outputs ive heard of this being an issue b4 on some forums, just want to make sure none of the gear got messed up from future shop, what would be some tell-tale signs of that problem ?

also please elaborate on what you mean by "better rca cables"

note how this amplifier lights up fully in the center and is alot more vibrant : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0yzyFxyp4...feature=related

here is mine ( NOTE WATCH AT 5:46 to see what i am speaking about ) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwbMNgASgU

could this be anything serious or related to the amplifier not reciving a strong-enough signal ?

Edited by knowledgestick
smdsignature.jpg