Second Skin Audio

How Will This Box Sound? Pics Inside...

ok so i got this box super cheap...i bought it before coming in the forum so i know i need to build a box according to my subs and amp...but will this box work at all? will it bang a little? should i just wait till i have money to build one or should i use it for now?

dont know the exact measurements..only thing i know is that is sealed and it is sealed in the midle of the box so each sub has its sealed compartment..

2000 chevy astro

subs r 2 PBX ES 15D - 15" and amp is PBX ASA-1500.1D 3000watts

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

i will work for now, without dimensions couldn't tell you how well but something is better than nothing

cheap prefab boxes are very common and mainstream people are usually happy with them until they hear what their subs can do in the right box.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

i will work for now, without dimensions couldn't tell you how well but something is better than nothing

cheap prefab boxes are very common and mainstream people are usually happy with them until they hear what their subs can do in the right box.

im gonna take dimensions today.....someone told me that because its sealed, and there is a wood in the middle of the box meaning that each sub is sealed separately that could damage my subs at woot....???? true or false???

false, very very false, separate chambers wont damage them...and your friend is very dumb for thinking that, i mean, come the hell on.

also, it will sound like "brrrrrrrp brrrrrp brrrrrp"

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

false, very very false, separate chambers wont damage them...and your friend is very dumb for thinking that, i mean, come the hell on.

it wasent a friend it was the guy that sold me the subs lol.....what do you mean like brrrrp brrrp ? like crap u mean lol...

this.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

dude you beat me to it!

I was gonna say

"boom boom put boom boom put"

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

dude, some people, are just really really dumb.

that box will be fine for now, it may not quite sound right, but you should be fine, build a nice ported box when you get the chance, but temporarily there is nothing wrong with that, and 99% of people who get subs use a similar prefab and never complain, we are all enthusiasts here and that is why we build our own boxes to our own specs, we know the huge difference a well made box can make

worse case scenario it seems boomy or doesnt drop low...for now it will be fine, so dont worry.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC