Second Skin Audio

Trying To Power 2 Lv3 15's

1000 per sub on those lvl 3 should be fine my lvl 2 sees about 575 daily and has never got stinky

i respectfully disagree, if that was the case, they wouldn't have the lvl 4's...

if you want to run them in the right air space (3-4cubes per speaker) i don't see them lasting very long on that kid of power.

If you make the box considerably smaller, then maybe...

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

ok so putting 2000 watts on two lv3's is a bad thing unless I put them in a samller enclosure? The enclosure that im building is a flare ported enclosure thats right around 3-4 cubes. Putting lv3's in this enclosure at 3-4 cubes with a 2000 watt amp can mess up my subs???

ok so putting 2000 watts on two lv3's is a bad thing unless I put them in a samller enclosure? The enclosure that im building is a flare ported enclosure thats right around 3-4 cubes. Putting lv3's in this enclosure at 3-4 cubes with a 2000 watt amp can mess up my subs???

smaller boxes generally will help when overpowering a sub, i would stick with a t1500 or something along those lines...

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Ok I have 2 lvl 3 15's haha so ill help you out since I have experience with the speaker. Anyway I have an AQ1200D on mine 1200 Watts RMS at 1 Ohm for 249 shipped, the lvl 3's will take up to 900 rms daily, but I have thrown upwards of 1500 on each speaker and they never got smelly or hot but they are in a box that is about 6.3 cubes tined to 35hz and only getting like 600 watts a piece they get loud, so I would personally go with the AQ great amp, great price, and matches these subs perfectly.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

smaller boxes generally will help when overpowering a sub, i would stick with a t1500 or something along those lines...

[/quote

does it matter if the gain isn't turned up that much? I know its more power than necassary for the LV3's but i wasnt planning on running the amp at full power. I wanted a 2000 watt amp so that if i decided to upgrade the subs to LV4's I wouldn't have to buy another amp.

your box is going to be 3.5 cubes per sub so your going to be rite at 7 cubes net.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

That's the peak rating and we all know how reliable those are. :01nocomment8so:

It's an underrated 1125 rms.

Perfect for those subs and this amp is quite efficient.

Have one ran in an 02 Grand Prix Stock Electrical, worst ground possible and there is hardly any dimming.