Solo X Question

I just installed a Solo X 12" in GIMNICK's truck. The magnet gets hot as hell & you can smell the glue heating up on the coils after just a few notes. It is a Solo X 12" D4 wired @ 2 ohms on a kicker zx 2500.1. The gain & bass boost on the amp are half way up. The speaker heats up as soon as it is turned on. I checked the ohms coming off the speaker leads & it is reading 2.5 ohms going into the amp. is this normal for a solo x?

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

That's just normal for that soloX sub's magnet to get hot . . . . playing music at a mid high volume with excessive bass will cause the magnet to get hot and a smelly glue like specially if the solo X sub is brand new. I used the same subs for dbdrag and I get that all the time . . .

TEAM S.S.C.

Team Serious SPL Centurions

df2c.jpgfzwn.jpg

I just installed a Solo X 12" in GIMNICK's truck. The magnet gets hot as hell & you can smell the glue heating up on the coils after just a few notes. It is a Solo X 12" D4 wired @ 2 ohms on a kicker zx 2500.1. The gain & bass boost on the amp are half way up. The speaker heats up as soon as it is turned on. I checked the ohms coming off the speaker leads & it is reading 2.5 ohms going into the amp. is this normal for a solo x?

The magnet gets hot as hell?!?! Thats probably not a good thing. I've been running my 12" solo X for two years with 3500W at some times and the cone doesn't even get warm. A buddy of mine pinched a wire when he installed his cone. Some wierd shit started happening when he played it. He just hoped it would come out of it, the next day the coil gave out and he discovered the pinched and grounded speaker wire. It sounds like you have a real problem there, it might come out of it, it might not. Could be a bad spair.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I had two kicker solo x 12's in a walled ranger ext cab. powered by a memphis mojo 4kw and even during hard clip the subs never smelled at all.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

The gain & bass boost on the amp are half way up.

....why? unless you checked gains with a multimeter, that could be the source of the problem

no bass boost

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Archived