Second Skin Audio

Impedance Rise

I have recently done away with MTX subs all together and went with (2) JL 12" W3v3's single 4-ohm.... I want to do (1) more 12" W3v3 single 4-ohm sub and hook it up to my MTX 7801 amp. Now, i know that will measure out to 1.33 ohms... Then im going to build a box for the (3) JL's.. I dont want to run the 7801 that close to a 1 ohm load (even though it is stable at 1 ohm) just for the fear of it smoking or something... now, im going to get team toxic bass to make me a plan for the box. My question is how much will impedance rise affect that 1.33 ohm load? and if I use terminals for the box will it make it more of an impedance rise? I am hoping to get as close to a 2 ohm load as I possibly can. Do you think it is possible? thanks in advance.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

Just a heads up, Team toxic bass no longer sells box plans just whole completed boxes.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

well thats alright.. kinda stupid... but i can get someone else to design one for me.. i just need to know about the impedance rise. thanks for telling me man.

Your amp will be fine if it's stable at 1ohm. With rise, your total resistance load on the amp will be around 2.5 - 2.75ohms. It all depends on your box. With a smaller box and higher the tuning will equal a lower rise. A bigger box and lower tuning will equal a higher rise.

As long as you have a quality built design, I think your system will be safe from smoking.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Your amp will be fine if it's stable at 1ohm. With rise, your total resistance load on the amp will be around 2.5 - 2.75ohms. It all depends on your box. With a smaller box and higher the tuning will equal a lower rise. A bigger box and lower tuning will equal a higher rise.

As long as you have a quality built design, I think your system will be safe from smoking.

thats awesome... yeah im planning on doing a pretty big box tuned at like 32 hz or maybe a little lower.. so i should be fine with the impedance thing... thanks man. those JL's will REALLY pound now...after I build that box and put it in an SUV.

No problem, But we need a build log! Your actual impedance might be even above 3ohms with rise if youre using a big box at 32hz. Youre safe and yeah you pprobably will POUND! B)

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

No problem, But we need a build log! Your actual impedance might be even above 3ohms with rise if youre using a big box at 32hz. Youre safe and yeah you pprobably will POUND! B)

it might be a little while.. but when i finally get to it ill post some pics and vids when it is finished. appreciate it once again

i dont understand what your worried about. that is a nice amp and will play fine at one ohm. by doin what your doin, your not gonna be gettin even close to full potential out of the amp.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I need a box design for this type of setup... (3) JL Audio W3v3 single 4-ohm subwoofers. MAX dimensions are 40" width x 16" height x 28" depth..... needs to be tuned to 32 hz. Please hook me up with this design for a decent price... I just got laid off from my job today..that i had for 5 years. Im also trying to pay for college tuition and housing and my car payments..and it is going to be extremely hard. Please someone that knows what they are doing help me out for the love of car audio. thank you

Archived