BanginOnABudget Posted May 5, 2009 Report Posted May 5, 2009 wtf is a t-line anyway? i know what it means but not what it is, but ive never really asked. since the pinned tutorial has no images, im lost. can anyone describe them? explain them? something? im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
Forevrbumpn Posted May 5, 2009 Report Posted May 5, 2009 My photobucket acct exceeded its bandwidth for the month- I'am screwed! What is is, is just a tunnel that delays the rear wave pressure until its realigned with the front wave- cone area I don't want to say its like getting a double whammy, but well, it kind of is I have very rarely been unsatisfied with tlines Ported boxes work on the same concept, but on a smaller scale, just delay air pressure until its in alignment with the cone of the sub Tlines are just usually based on the quarter wave length of the Fs of the subwoofer, since that is the woofers natural frequency, it plays that frequency the best, but it also helps out of course with frequencies above, and below tuning, so T lines are usually a little flatter and more SQ orientated than a ported box, at least how I make them. If a tline is built and designed good, I have always noticed they can give you that sealed sound, with a ported box output. Thats just my experience with them :hairtrick: I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
siucsaluki11 Posted May 5, 2009 Report Posted May 5, 2009 Ive been interested in these too, i heard you can get good numbers off low power. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
BanginOnABudget Posted May 6, 2009 Author Report Posted May 6, 2009 yeah...u lost me :| im a total visual learner. make a new photobucket?? im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.