Second Skin Audio

Plannin For The Future

So im looking towards the future for my system. I was at a show in alsip a few days back and the D.O.A. crew was puttin up some nice numbers with their AQ setups. I have been lookin at AQ for a few months now, and after finally getting to sit in a few cars runnin them, i must say i am almost 100% sure its going to be my next setup.

I have a 2000 blazer, 4dr. I wanna see if i can fit 2 18s in the back. If not, i can fit 2 15s. If i can keep the 18s to a net of 5-6 cubes each, i can do it no problem. I am not going to bother with trying to keep it under the windowline, that aint gunna happen. I want to keep my back seats for the time being, its my DD and having more than 2 seats is kinda nice, but someday they will go. I wanna run either a sundown 3000 or 3500 or the AQ3500D amp for the pair, giving each sub 1500-1750 daily. I wouldnt be playing it full blast all the time, but i just wanna have the power on tap for next time i go to a show.

I have some decent space to work with, i have 38" between the wheel wells, and 36" between the rear seats and the tailgate. If i run it subs up port up, i could go almost all the way to the gate, just need to be able to open it up and the handle is on the inside. Im sure i can fit 2 18s and keep my rear seat. Any input?

Also, what kinda electrical upgrades will i need for this? I have a run of 1/0 already, got the stock 110 alt, stock battery.

Also, im open to look at other brands that get the same/similar performance in the same price range as the AQs.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I don't have alot of experience with blazers but you should be able to keep the back seats with 2 18's no problem. The aq subs and amps are very solid and you will not find anything for that price that will out perform them.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

my buddy had his blazer and we could only fit 2 15's with the back seats in it was rough trying to fit it in there but you should as longs as you check all your measure ments but i dought you get 5-6cu per sub our is 8cu and it was thought ill post pic soon

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

The box i have now for my 12s is 5cu after displacement. Will those AQs like 5 ft^3 each? Im not worried about keepin it below the window line. the footprint of the box would probably end up bein around 38 x 34, just under 9 sq ft. That keeps it behind the seats, i have about 17" i think to the top of the back seat. Not counting displacement of port and woofers, if i go 38x34x17 id have an internal of 10.64 cubes.

Fischy, was ur buddy's blazer a 2 or 4dr? The 4drs have more cargo area

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

so here the link to the videos i posted up of my buddy blazer and in one of the videos you can see how close every thing is but its a 2002 blazer ls 2 door

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=55846539

l_f2c06ac1bac144eb9a68b7faabf30b3d.jpg

l_4f9357b165c1444d96b1f847dedf23ec.jpg

l_f883d4390906480fa7dbec11fa39ad10.jpg

l_03fd76ba017d40ed84064a6f80a391ac.jpg

l_ef81077fa1d14496b265658659092f2d.jpg

l_0b5d461a92c8434391fff7b495bb398f.jpg

l_9f58392f47be40fda09d28d2a0e12f70.jpg

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

i got a few more inches in depth back there, and i dont gotta worry about the hatch since the hatch on the 4dr is more vertical than the 2dr.

Know anyone who is good at designing boxes and does it for cheap/free? Or does anyone have a simlar setup? Ive been playin around with some numbers and the volume displaced by the port is seeming bigger than i thought itd be. I was thinkin make the box 38*34*24, have it tuned around 30 Hz with roughly 200 in^2 of port. Only problem is, Im havin a bitch of a time figuring out what the port will displace. I keep gettin a BIG number, so im sure my math is off somewhere. Any help?

EDIT: the 200 wouldnt be if i had it at 10, then id be around 160 in. If i go bigger ill add on as needed. and the 38*34*24 is about the biggest id wanna put in there.

Archived