Adding Battery's

ok i added 2 batts to my truck, just have a few Q's for ppl who know what there talking about. OK this is how im gonna wireing it and i want to know if this will work.

1g from front batt into a fuse

from fuse to #2 battery

+ from #2 battery to #3 battery

+ from #3 battery to amp

- from #2 battery to #3 battery

-from #3 battery to body of the truck

- from #3 battery to amp

sound about right??? cuz im still getting a bad voltage drop, like 14.?? to 9.?? and i get that with no extra battery's. All help is much appreciated

CAR Jeep

COMPONENT memphis m3

COMP. AMP hifonics

SUB AMP us amps us2000d

SUB RF TRF2212

CAR Caprice

COMPONENT MA Audio

COMP. AMP Kenwood 4 channel

SUB AMP RF 500.1

SUB 2x DD1008

Sounds good, but did you run a second wire from the alternator + output to the first battery? If you did or do, fuse that as well. Do you have a HO alt? and lastly, make sure you have a solid ground from the alt (new wires) and all the batteries to the FRAME not body of the truck.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Sounds good, but did you run a second wire from the alternator + output to the first battery? If you did or do, fuse that as well. Do you have a HO alt? and lastly, make sure you have a solid ground from the alt (new wires) and all the batteries to the FRAME not body of the truck.

kool kool. I got it all fixed i had a loose wire... i could have sworn i rechecked em all but i guess i forgot too. How big of a differance is it gonna make grounding it on the frame instead of the body? i have the batt up front on the body also. Im not sitting at 14.3 at idle and around 12.9 13.5 on music with just one of the batts hooked up (was trouble shooting so i disconnected the second and ran out of time) so ill put the other one on tomorrow.

CAR Jeep

COMPONENT memphis m3

COMP. AMP hifonics

SUB AMP us amps us2000d

SUB RF TRF2212

CAR Caprice

COMPONENT MA Audio

COMP. AMP Kenwood 4 channel

SUB AMP RF 500.1

SUB 2x DD1008

It'll make a huge difference grounded on the frame instead of body. It's like you are trying to run the current of a 1gauge wire through a piece of metal thinner than a cd. Your grounding point ESPECIALLY for multiple batteries should be on the frame. With the amount of current youre running (hence the 4 batts.) that ground is probably acting as a source of resistance to the flow required to your amps. If you want to do things right and have the finances, I'd run a separate 1/0gauge cable for the ground from the alt. to the batts in back. What about that HO alternator though? If you have a stock one, usually they are only good for charging 2 batts max not 4 which could also be a main source of the drop youre having.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

ok i added 2 batts to my truck, just have a few Q's for ppl who know what there talking about. OK this is how im gonna wireing it and i want to know if this will work.

1g from front batt into a fuse

from fuse to #2 battery

+ from #2 battery to #3 battery

+ from #3 battery to amp

- from #2 battery to #3 battery

-from #3 battery to body of the truck

- from #3 battery to amp

sound about right??? cuz im still getting a bad voltage drop, like 14.?? to 9.?? and i get that with no extra battery's. All help is much appreciated

don't forget to fuse the + before you get to the 2nd battery

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 3 weeks later...

nitro i also like to run a ground from the first battery upfront to those in the back in ADDITION to grounding it to the FRAME. This helps my voltages some...you could try it and see how it works for you

Archived