Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Painting Question...


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have to rebuild my box for my aq hdc3 15 since my old one was busted in the wreck I had a couple weeks ago. First of all, the specs are 4 cubes tuned to 38hz with 58 sq in of port area. I am planning on painting the box. What is the best way to go about doing this? I'm guessing just cover it with resin and sand it smooth then primer and paint. Any certain way of spreading the resin that is smoother? Any tips or trucks I should know? P.S. I have to rattle can it because I don't have access to a spray gun.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Posted

unless you have all the stuff, id carpet it. its cheaper and less of a hassle, and its FUNNNNN i will never paint another box again thanks to DRDB. :D

edit: but if you insist on paint, with one of mine i filled holes sanded then primered and painted over then wetsanded then painted and cleared over it. i suck at spray painting so it looked shitty. i have a friend that puts a thin layer of bondo on his.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Posted

The primer didn't soak up in the wood? I'm pretty good with paint but the last time I tried to paint one, it kept soaking up and made it look very spotty.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Posted
The primer didn't soak up in the wood? I'm pretty good with paint but the last time I tried to paint one, it kept soaking up and made it look very spotty.

yea it took a few cans of primer. i put a light coat let it dry and repeated it a few times. thats why i say carpet. unless you have all the materials id carpet. my local stores have carpet for 17 to 20 bucks a yard then a few bucks for staples. over 35 for a gal of resin,6bucks for hardener, 40 in primer and paint, 20 in sand paper. then the time to wait and sand.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Posted

Yeah this wiil be a console between the seats so I want it to look as good as possible. If the paint thing doesn't work out then Ill just cover it but I wanna try this first you know.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Posted
Yeah this wiil be a console between the seats so I want it to look as good as possible. If the paint thing doesn't work out then Ill just cover it but I wanna try this first you know.

o ok i was thinking it was a big box.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Posted

Well it is 4 cubes. So its no small box. lol 10 lbs. of crap in a 5 lb. bag

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2005 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...