mhuck123 Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 I am wondering hot to find out when my head unit clips usung the RCA outputs only. I have seen Meades videos on the amps and it was extremely helpful but he said he already knew what the HU clipped at. I did not see any videos to explain how that would be done using the RCA's. Is it the same as an amp just using the speaker outputs and if so what about a deck that does not have speaker outputs other than RCA? Starting From Scratch!!
audiofanaticz Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Its done the same way as the amps, attach the scope to the rca outputs. Your best idea is to cut a end of some cheap or old rca's and strip the wires to connect the probes from the scope too. The outter ring of the rca is ground, the center pin is positive(this wire will have a red or white casing on it usally).
Noobtastic14 Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Every Headunit is unique. I can say through experience that every HU that i've checked with my Oscope has clipped within two clicks of maxx volume -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
mhuck123 Posted May 9, 2009 Author Report Posted May 9, 2009 NICE, thanks so much!!!! Time for some action!! :hairtrick: Starting From Scratch!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.