thehoe92 Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Specifically the Alpine PXA-H100 for my model deck. Whats your review on it? is it worth the extra money for me to buy? I'm probably going to pair it with the Clarion EQS746 for complete control. -kasey Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
audiofanaticz Posted May 10, 2009 Report Posted May 10, 2009 Ive never got to mess around with one, tho from everything Ive read and what people say they are hella nice and well worth the money. However depending on what imprint kit you buy you will need to buy the software seperatly to do any fine tuning. But like I said Im very interested in getting one soon, I almost think its one of the best processors out there, unless you can find a 701.
trainman0978 Posted May 10, 2009 Report Posted May 10, 2009 I have it. well... the KTEX-100 EQ ( I think thats the right model number ) , check my threads in my sig. I love it. I can tell you I would never be able to tune my system to this sound with just a naked ear and a voltmeter. Which, Is all I have in that area. The only thing is, If you have your input voltage set too high on your amps for your mids and highs, the imprint will limit the volume to prevent clipping. My deck hits its highest volume at 28-29 out of 35. I tried going at my four channel with a voltmeter to get it set right , and I thought I had it, but the deck and the imprint kinda prove that I dont. Also , if you dont turn the input voltage way down on your sub amp before running the imprint, it will muffle your subs ALOT. DIYMA forums has a great thread on the imprint. About 25 or 30 pages now. Worth a read. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue my upgrades and "build" thread. My Kulicki Box Build -Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars -Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash ) -JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi - Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box. -Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio -All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0, -270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum- -2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz. Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties
hondaonchrome Posted May 17, 2009 Report Posted May 17, 2009 I was wondering the same about the imprint, i just bought a cda-9884 unit and thought about using the imprint feature.....
RamenNoodles Posted May 17, 2009 Report Posted May 17, 2009 Ive heard nothing but good things. Cant go wrong with an alpine unit. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
thehoe92 Posted May 17, 2009 Author Report Posted May 17, 2009 thinking about getting it when I get my new speakers so I can get the full capability out of them thanks guys Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
xx24xx Posted May 18, 2009 Report Posted May 18, 2009 I will be using the Imprint software on my 9887 pretty soon. From all the reviews I have read it seems like a hit or miss. You have to really know your stuff in order to use it properly. lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6 DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.