tristan560 Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Ive seen a bunch of people running their sub wires through the box using bolts. Am i losing any power by using zinc bolts or should i switch em out to stainless? <u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u> Systemless. <u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u> DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.
newls1 Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Im not sure if it matters much. Im using 1/4" thick brass for mine. I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
sudisdicmotorsports Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 Ive seen a bunch of people running their sub wires through the box using bolts. Am i losing any power by using zinc bolts or should i switch em out to stainless? with steel and stainless and alum sum just use little bigger thos metals don't Carrie current as well as copper i don't think it will affect any thing to the point of cosing dam to sub usuly use 1/2 bolts on all my boxes
Rogers Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 pics? i dont think ive seen anybody just use bolts.... i usually go buy a beefy terminal cup that accepts 9awg or bananna plugs... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774 93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled 2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's 3 Kinetik Hc2000's Dual 200amp alts. you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?
Colin - STAPUFT Posted May 9, 2009 Report Posted May 9, 2009 I was afraid of this too, but just went for it. I just used regular bolts from Lowe's, the biggest ones I could get that were small enough to go through the terminal ends I purchased. No issues at all. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
tristan560 Posted May 9, 2009 Author Report Posted May 9, 2009 Thanks, any other opinions? <u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u> Systemless. <u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u> DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.
fast85_gt Posted May 11, 2009 Report Posted May 11, 2009 we tested ss, alum.cooper,and brass and brass carred the lowest resisteance hope this helps
Forevrbumpn Posted May 11, 2009 Report Posted May 11, 2009 I try and use all brass, all the way ( most common found is 1/4-20" which is perfectly fine) We used to use brass size 10 bolts, and nuts for actual speaker terminals for a certain brand of speaker just because its has just about the lowest resistance, next to copper plated gold I wouldn't use alum or stainless for nothing! I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
fast85_gt Posted May 11, 2009 Report Posted May 11, 2009 I try and use all brass, all the way ( most common found is 1/4-20" which is perfectly fine)We used to use brass size 10 bolts, and nuts for actual speaker terminals for a certain brand of speaker just because its has just about the lowest resistance, next to copper plated gold I wouldn't use alum or stainless for nothing! brass has copper beat hands down brass has lower resistance then copper and copper is to soft to use for bolts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.