jizzybizzy Posted May 11, 2009 Report Posted May 11, 2009 I was wiring a 4 ohm sub to 2ohms so I can I have a 1ohm load on my amp (2 RE se powered by an audiopipe 1500.1d) and I messed up and accidently wired both + to - instead of + + - - ..... I put the subs in the box and cranked it and noticed the sub stopped playing. I opened the box up and switched the wires + + - - the coorect way and it still doesn't work. Is the sub permanetly fucked now cuz I miswired it? you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy. Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D Audiopipe AP1504 Enclosure:: Sealed Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0 Battery:: Kinetik HC600
fast85_gt Posted May 11, 2009 Report Posted May 11, 2009 I was wiring a 4 ohm sub to 2ohms so I can I have a 1ohm load on my amp (2 RE se powered by an audiopipe 1500.1d) and I messed up and accidently wired both + to - instead of + + - - ..... I put the subs in the box and cranked it and noticed the sub stopped playing. I opened the box up and switched the wires + + - - the coorect way and it still doesn't work. Is the sub permanetly fucked now cuz I miswired it? no it should be fine if they was just out of phase you could have sent the amp into protect hope you get this worked out
jizzybizzy Posted May 12, 2009 Author Report Posted May 12, 2009 okay the one sub works fine... but the other one is stiff-like and is not moving..... the amp didnt go into protect and i think it even powered both subs (including the miswired one) for a little until i just stopped working. you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy. Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D Audiopipe AP1504 Enclosure:: Sealed Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0 Battery:: Kinetik HC600
BanginOnABudget Posted May 12, 2009 Report Posted May 12, 2009 check the magnet, the glue might have failed a bit and the maynet may have shifted a litttle bit, and is holding the voice coil in place. happened to a 15" mojo i had, dont think thats the prob ur havin tho, but it may be. if the sub dosent move, AT ALL, something is really wrong. can you take pics?? im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
Forevrbumpn Posted May 12, 2009 Report Posted May 12, 2009 shifted magnet FTL I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
jizzybizzy Posted May 12, 2009 Author Report Posted May 12, 2009 check the magnet, the glue might have failed a bit and the maynet may have shifted a litttle bit, and is holding the voice coil in place. happened to a 15" mojo i had, dont think thats the prob ur havin tho, but it may be. if the sub dosent move, AT ALL, something is really wrong. can you take pics?? yeah ill take pics be back in 10 you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy. Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D Audiopipe AP1504 Enclosure:: Sealed Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0 Battery:: Kinetik HC600
jizzybizzy Posted May 12, 2009 Author Report Posted May 12, 2009 alright im waiting for the video to upload.... here are some pictures... the magnets are covered up by a rubber thing and i cant get it off... but i noticed that the cone might be separated separated? this is a picture of the other side of the sub you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy. Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D Audiopipe AP1504 Enclosure:: Sealed Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0 Battery:: Kinetik HC600
jizzybizzy Posted May 12, 2009 Author Report Posted May 12, 2009 video http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/ji...nt=MOV01638.flv you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy. Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D Audiopipe AP1504 Enclosure:: Sealed Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0 Battery:: Kinetik HC600
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.