Sonic Electronix

How Can I Get My Bass To Hit Lower And Cleaner

i have two 12'' p3 shallows 2 ohm off of a alpine mrp 850 at 800rms at 2 ohms tuned to 75hzbut with the 1.9 cubic foot box they are in now the subs will not hit low. They sound like 8 inch subs but get real loud on the songs like a milli by lil wayne. But my sister has the same sub p3 shallow 12'' but a 4 ohm with a p300.1 tune to 80 hz with less cubic feet volume in a suv with .8 cubic feet and hers is almost as loud as mine. I was thinking of build a 3.0 cubic foot box sealed and i was wondering will this let my subs hit lower and louder ive talked to car audio shops and they do not know what to do either so if you can recomend any thing to me well still keeping the box sealed it would be appriciated.

Why did you tune them so high?

Oh and BTW to get lower you would need to build a new box that is bigger and tuned way way lower around 35 or lower to around 30 if you really want the lows :spiteful:

Edited by brsteinbach

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

more space and tune to the low 30's

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Why did you tune them so high?

x2 but what kind of car/truck are they in? not too sure about the shallow subs but is that enough airspace for 12s? like i said i dont know about them shallow subs but alot of 12s seem to be around 1.5 on up for 12s and tuned alot lower. IMO a dif enclosure would be good for what your needin.

i have two 12'' p3 shallows 2 ohm off of a alpine mrp 850 at 800rms at 2 ohms tuned to 75hzbut with the sealed 1.78 cubic foot wedge box they are in now the subs will not hit low. They sound like 8 inch subs but get real loud on the songs like a milli by lil wayne. But my sister has the same sub p3 shallow 12'' but a 4 ohm with a p300.1 tune to 80 hz with less cubic feet volume in a suv with .8 cubic feet rectangular box and hers is almost as loud as mine and hits way lower. I was thinking of build a 3.0 cubic foot box sealed and i was wondering will this let my subs hit lower and louder ive talked to car audio shops and they do not know what to do either so if you can recomend any thing to me well still keeping the box sealed it would be appriciated.

are you talking about the tuning on the box is at 75hz or is the setting on the LP filter on the amp at 75hz?

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.