Sundown Audio

Will This Hurt My Amp

yeah right.. mtx amps are ridiculously nice. i just got unlucky b/c of my box with the amp mounted on the back of it slamming into my Kinetik in the trunk.. thats what caused those pieces to become loose. they are fuckin nice amps too. dont diss MTX amps. their subs.. yeah.. you can diss em' they arent that great, but mtx amps are top-of-the-line, no matter what anyone says.

Are you sure you want to stand by an amp like that?

I don't even think they design their own products. They just pick the stuff already on the shelf over there in the far east.

I remember hearing back in the day @ rockford they used to hit the top of the amp with a rubber mallet..."torture tested" fo sho!

a top of the line amp does have pieces fall out of it... i dont care what anyone says heh

wow.. id have to say that at least 75 pounds flying forward and slamming into a battery would cause any amp to have something come loose. and it was only 1 little capacitor. id say it took it like a champ.

Edited by mtxcivic07

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

75lbs slamming into your battery should have caused it to bust. I have had amps get hit by a box with 4 10's(not secured down) and they never had parts fall out of them. And the box alone wieghed 50lbs or so.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

wow.. you all are a bunch of douche bags. id have to say that at least 75 pounds flying forward and slamming into a battery would cause any amp to have something come loose. and it was only 1 little capacitor. id say it took it like a champ.

Let's not get immature about it Mtxcivic07. Name calling is a no-no.

• 2 weeks later...

well... the amp was in their hands on 3/21/07 and shipped out ,repaired and all, on 3/22/07. guess MTX really is fast with their repairs huh? great customer service is always a great thing.

Guest Nismofreak

. I heard there mtx rsx. I asked how much the sub were in the acura rsx. Said $400. I'm like I can get better subs for a lot cheaper. MtX is overpriced in my opinion.

Edited by Nismofreak

. I heard there mtx rsx. I asked how much the sub were in the acura rsx. Said $400. I'm like I can get better subs for a lot cheaper. MtX is overpriced in my opinion.
i agree, mtx is overpriced

thats really freakin cool. i dont care.. i run JL subs. i really dont like MTX subs. their amps are great though. nice you could bring up something i wasnt even talking about....