Stupid Laws And Tints

rumproast789

the cops around where i live suck...my house has been robbed a few times and they don't give a shit... my stereo is too loud or my tint is too dark and they fuckin come to my house and act like it's a huge deal

fuck the consequences ain't nothin to a boss

• 4 weeks later...

im from ns canada and as long as you dont touch the three front ones and both side mirrors work you can paint ur windows black if u wanted

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

cops around me don't seem to care. but when i see a cop I'll open up the sun screen on the sun roof to let more light into the car. iv got 5% on the back three, 15% front two, and a 8" 15% strip across the top of the windshield.

and when i come to r.i.d.e. checks, or their pulling people over for seat belt checks, i always roll down all 4 windows before the even come up to me

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

Yes they do. Most SUV's and Ford trucks come with stock tint on all the back windows.

yea cause my vans got like 10 or sumthin

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Tint laws don't necessarily help cops be safe. In many states, they allow you 5% in the rear windows. Cops pull you over and come from the back right? Truth be told, the darker (and cheaper) tint allows less visibility at night. So if you t-bone someone for example and the police report says your vehicle is unsafe ... you are fked. Honestly the amount of visibility you can see through tint from the outside and the amount of heat let through are two different things. Buying super dark tints just for looks seems silly. I think of it as being an extra layer of security ... you can't steal what you don't see. Tint laws in Hawaii are 35% all around for cars and 35% on front/any % on rears for trucks/suvs. Complete BS so I'm gonna go with 15%. ;)

luckey i live HAWAII

Sensitive eye excuse = prescription from your eye doctor... Now even with my prescription I'm over my limit but i just show them the little piece of paper and they let me slide...Triple limo back and rear side windows....Double limo doors, and a limo strip of 13" up front....Little much I'd say but damn does it look clean...

But night backing is a bitch...

Now when people get all up on my ass I still don't get blinded lol. So I don't get as much road rage....

So Tint= less road rage= World is a safer place

Tint makes the world a safer place FTMFW!!!

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

• 2 weeks later...

I have 30% on my front windows and i got pulled over by the state patrol. he told me i have 72 hours to strip the front two windows. i dnt think im going to. iv never had any other problems untill this weekend (4th of july) but yeah some cops are a little too picky.

enforcement of that law here in cali is spotty, to say the least. I had a buddy who had 5% all the way around on his truck for over 2 years, never an issue. My other buddy got 20% on his monte carlo all the way around (except the windshield, of course) and got cited within 3 days of getting it.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

This is the MI law on tint.....

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN MICHIGAN?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Michigan, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.

• Front Side Windows Any darkness can be applied 4" inches from the top of the window.

• Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.

• Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN MICHIGAN?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

• Front Side Windows Must not be more than 35% reflective.

• Back Side Windows Must not be more than 35% reflective.

OTHER MICHIGAN RULES AND REGULATIONS

• Restricted Colors No colors of tint are explicitly banned.

• Side Mirrors No restrictions.

• Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.

• Sticker Requirements No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.

• Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Archived