XS Power

Would A D2400 And 4 D925's Be Enough For This?

I'm in the process of installing my system into my 97 Maxima SE. I have 3 Sundown SAX-100.4D amps for the Highs, Mids and Midbass and a Sundown SAX-3000D for the Subs. SAX amps will be run at 4ohm / 4 channel and the SAX at 1ohm.

I currently have a DC Power 250amp alternator and a Kinetik HC1800 up front. I have big 3 done in 1/0 and 2 runs of 1/0 run to the trunk for positive. I can fit 4 Powermaster D925's in the spare tire well easily. I want to replace the Kinetik with a Powermaster D2400 as well. Would this be enough to support my electrical needs? I'm not going to compete, just a daily driver.

Thanks.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

# Great burst output!

# Perfect supplement for amplifiers up to 2500 watts!

# Tightly packed design makes it a perfect fit in tight trunk spaces or under seats

# Can be used as the main battery and still provide power for amplifiers up to 1000 watts!

This is from Mechmans Website. With 2500 watts supplemented per battery looks like 10,000 watts should be acceptable. You will not have that much and you have a upgraded alternator too. I would feel safe running it.

Edited by Dr. Johnson

# Great burst output!

# Perfect supplement for amplifiers up to 2500 watts!

# Tightly packed design makes it a perfect fit in tight trunk spaces or under seats

# Can be used as the main battery and still provide power for amplifiers up to 1000 watts!

This is from Mechmans Website. With 2500 watts supplemented per battery looks like 10,000 watts should be acceptable. You will not have that much and you have a upgraded alternator too. I would feel safe running it.

Yea, I'm not worried. I spoke with Mathew from Mechman today, went over what I was going to run on them and he said I'd be fine. So I got 4 d925's on the way with free shipping, gotta love Mechman !!! Now I gotta get some more Knu to wire them together.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

that mechman "2500" watt thing is a bit of an overstatement...I'ive kinda been told that you should have about 10 times the CCA as your amp(s) draw

so a 2000 watt amp with 220 amps of fusing should have a battery(s) rated at 2200cca, so as not to tax them too heavily in operation

basically you should be fine, especially with the alt and dual runs (super especially if you busbar those rear batts), just butting in on that d925 being cool for 2500 watts

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

that mechman "2500" watt thing is a bit of an overstatement...I'ive kinda been told that you should have about 10 times the CCA as your amp(s) draw

so a 2000 watt amp with 220 amps of fusing should have a battery(s) rated at 2200cca, so as not to tax them too heavily in operation

basically you should be fine, especially with the alt and dual runs (super especially if you busbar those rear batts), just butting in on that d925 being cool for 2500 watts

i have seen where mechman says it takes at least 2 925's to equal 1 kinetik hc2400