4 Soundstream 12's In A Standard Cab Dime

All right, I got it. What you should do is make the rear box and center console a part of the box. Kinda like this:

Posted Image

Basically, that's all one box. There are two 5"x4" inch ports (one per side) tuned to 36 Hz in a 3 foot^3 enclosure. My subs will have a custom sub hood to prevent damage/theft. You have much more space than I do. My back part is only about 1 foot^3 and I drive a K1500 Standard cab.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I've got an idea for your next box if you ever build another one. You should be able to port it. Give me a minute and I'll upload to Photobucket.

I considered doing that but for these subs Ineed .75 cubes sealed or 2 cubes minimum ported. That means a 3.5 cube sealed box or an 8 cubr ported box. I just don think its possible with 4 subs, with 2 or 3 your design seems more practical. I do like it though. especially the angle in the front.

your truck and system look great!

lookin good man

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support

Looking good man! Keep up the good work and Pound that Sound! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Im hoping with these batteries ill pull a few more dB's. theres a competition tomorrow but I havent decided if im gonna go yet.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

8 cubes ported... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

It looks really good though. Good luck with the rest of the build.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

hmmmm, I guess your just going to have to do a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Man, I hate that I've missed this build until now! You used some sort of crazy voodoo to get those 12's in there! The system and whole truck look great.

Did the resin inside the box help stop the box flex any? Did you put any fiberglass mat in the resin? If no you could re-resin and glass the inside of the box and that will strengthen it up lots. ...but that would mean taking it out again. Bah!

Cool Box!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

8 cubes ported... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

It looks really good though. Good luck with the rest of the build.

lol, yeah you knew what I meant

hmmmm, I guess your just going to have to do a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I wish I had it in me but I just cant do it. & I frequently have the bed on and off & it takes 4 people to lift it so it def doesnt need all the mdf, subs, amps, & batteries. Im gonna get serious in my next truck/suv and do a bed cap with a wall, or just wall an suv.

Man, I hate that I've missed this build until now! You used some sort of crazy voodoo to get those 12's in there! The system and whole truck look great.

Did the resin inside the box help stop the box flex any? Did you put any fiberglass mat in the resin? If no you could re-resin and glass the inside of the box and that will strengthen it up lots. ...but that would mean taking it out again. Bah!

Cool Box!

Thanks man, those vegas in your van look awesome as well, i really like the setup inside the back doors with all the electronics. The resin inside the box seemed to help a lot but no I didnt use any mat. Im contemplating glassing the inside of the box while its in the truck because it is a little difficult to get in/out. im thinking I need more dowel rods towards the top pf the box & to also bolt the box to the back of the cab & to the floor because it sounds like it might be vibrating against the back wall & I dont like how it sounds.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang