Jack Up A Car, And Use Jack Stands Safely.

You forgot to mention about the capacity load of the jack stand because not all can hold bigger and heavy vehicle. I did go and get a pair of jack stand that can hold over 3 tons

Exactly!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

• 5 months later...

Hahahaahah AAA to the rescue!

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

1. Sorry for bumping this ancient thread. I was going to make my own, but I figured I'd add on to what is said here.

When I work on my car, I always use jackstands, but I also do a couple other things for safety's sake.

• Make sure you put the jack stands in, and jack from the proper place. This seems like common sense, but I can't tell you how many people I have seen who pick a spot and hope it's right.
  • After the car has been jacked up and placed on stands, and if there is another free jack point - raise the floor jack up so just contacts. Note that I only advise this with a floor jack because of its wide base. The stock jack will only serve as a pivot point and perpetuate any sort of sideways motion as the vehicle falls. This is so if something happens with jack stands, the jack can catch it.
  • In addition to above, remove the tire from whatever quadrant of the car you are working on and place it under a low point of the vehicle. This way, in the unlikely event that both the jack stands and the jack fail - you won't get crushed to death under your car.
  • ALWAYS work with someone within ear shot.
  • Use a jack that is capable of lifting the entire weight of your car and then some.
  • Use the largest jack stands as are practical - higher tonnage stands usually have a wider base, which means they are more stable

In my case, I can jack from the differential and the jack stands go on either side of the axle.

WP_001209.jpg

WP_001208.jpg

I took my all 4 tires off and stuck them under the car :P

WP_001207.jpg

6 ton jack stands and a 4 ton jack to support a 2 1/4 ton car

WP_001206.jpg

Archived