you H-piped it right? if not you should.

you have a 289 (i think) so your not gonna sound deep and throaty.

as for the 10:1 compression, the 455 in my buick has a 9.5:1 comp ratio and it sounds mean as hell WITH stock exaust. AND with restricted mufflers.

just waiting for my budget to allow 3" pipe and cherrybomb glasspacks :wub:

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

I wouldent worry about your valves at all. Your not running open headers you have pipes running all the way to the back anyway. You obviously gained a nice sound and some power also. Backpressure is bad, What you need is scavengeing which im sure your trucks doing fine, pipes arent huge and even if you took off your cats you would still be fine, you just wouldent pass inspection and it would always keep the check engine light on. Backpressure is bad, Scavengeing less restrictive exhaust is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

not all back pressure is bad. you need some back pressure. i don't have a cat or muffler at the moment and my cars even slower then before. because when i hit the gas everythings coming out nothings building up. i mean i see if you have a 500hp car you wont have to worry as much but for a daily car you need some. i have some power at around 4000 - 4500 rpms but i dont ride around slamming it at 4500 all day lol.

what kind of exhaust are you running?

when I had my mustang I ran the SLP Loudmouth with the uncatted x-pipe and that shit was insanely loud lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on the size of engine imo. If you have a 4cyl they kind of rely on back pressure (well, atleast the bugs i built did). V8's like an open, less restrictive exhaust. Sounds sweet though, i love the 4.6 MOD engine, i have a 1983 Mustang GT with the 5.0 dual 3 inch to flow masters and some other "lil" performance goodies ;)