Second Skin Audio

Any Adverse Affect Of Mounting Sub In Port Wall?

no, thats not what i mean, isnt fourth order when the middle acts as a port too (i know nothing about bandpass boxes) i asked steve and he told me in person that its basically just 2 ported boxes, each holding 4 18"s

To try and make sense of it yes, they are just 2 ported boxes facing each other.

But the air in between them is getting compressed and blown out of that opening, which just happens to be restricted due to the lack of airspace, thus, making it a port.

To try and make sense of it yes, they are just 2 ported boxes facing each other.

But the air in between them is getting compressed and blown out of that opening, which just happens to be restricted due to the lack of airspace, thus, making it a port.

ok then, its what im thinking of, i asked about that and he said he didnt calculate that middle part, just kinda put 2 ported boxes together (obviously thats not what he said word for word, but you get the idea) i also coulda have completely mis understood, but im pretty sure thats what he told me

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

here is a quick pic I did. subs mounted in port.

subinport.jpg

Chad

07 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadcab

Alpine 9885, Sundown SAX 100.4, updating components soon,

TC Sounds 3000 dvc 2, 3.1 ft^3 tuned to 31Hz, Sundown SAZ 3000,

4 ought power and ground, 2 Deep cycle batts.

The volume of air inside your port (and, thus, its mass) will change as the subs play. To me, this would suggest a change in tuning frequencies around a mean point. Further, the difference in port volume with the subs inside the port will be different at different power levels. A sub displaces more air at 900 watts than it does at 150 watts, right?

I think you would have a funny sounding box. I would definitely like to see you build and test one, though.

Thanks,

I'll draw up a quick sketch to show what I was thinking maybe someone can help me out with a box design.

Chad

07 Dodge Ram 2500 Quadcab

Alpine 9885, Sundown SAX 100.4, updating components soon,

TC Sounds 3000 dvc 2, 3.1 ft^3 tuned to 31Hz, Sundown SAZ 3000,

4 ought power and ground, 2 Deep cycle batts.

ummm, i thought that would be somewhat of a folded horn? i wanted to try somethin like that befor, put the sub ina sealed box n then port from the front kinda like a slot vent, but would make it hard as hell to change the subs tho, i think thats how most home subs are, kinda like a bandpass, n they acually sound good, my uncle got a sony house stereo(oldschool) that came with a sub unit under the cabnet for the audio gear(reciver,cdchanger,tape) and had a 8'' sub in a bandpass with port in front of woofer, sounded awesome on everything to, and pritty efficent, dunno if its the same consept as his box but worked out fine for them

and u kno how those dj pro audio speakers are with the sub at an angle n port comeing from top of sub and around i guess u'ed call that a horn, will this work in car audio or has anyone ever tryed it? i seen a guy do it with a xpolde 12 n it looked like it worked out but had hella port noise

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif