yea i know my car isnt much on the take off i would like to have it accelerate a lil better. A couple months ago i raced a friend of mine who had a 68 mercury cougar with the 302 in it, with alum heads, headers, and exhaust done and he smoked me ass off the line, but i did catch up with him and when we got to curves i just kinda left him, but the fact he ate me up on the take off kinda bothered me and not to meantion he is one of those people who like to brag alot so i want to shut him up.

So a header and exhaust would help out? The thing is i dont want my car to sound like a "weed eater" like i hear alot of the imports around here sound. But i know i wont be able to get that low rummble like the BBC or the SBC.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

But there aren't many 6 bangers that are affordable or have many upgrades as a 4 banger would have. But that's just my opinion.

The inline 6 comment is a joke between steve and I...as he's seen some video's of my truck on the race track, so I am always giving him hell about mo power.

But there are some 6's that you can add some serious and affordable power to. I have a buddy who just bought a chev malibu with the 6 and we have it dynoed right now at just over 340hp (for a family car...lmao).

The issue with a 4 banger is torque..they just don't produce a good power/weight ratio, which is due to them being high reving engines.

lovellsv - I hate to tell you, but a 4 banger will not keep up with a 302 v8 off the line. Nothing you do will give you an advantage. But as you pointed out, is exactly what I stated before. 4 bangers shine in the upper end of the band, which is why you were able to take in in overall speed and cornering.

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

thats what i was worried about that he will be able to eat me up off the line over and over again. I guess i will have to play it off as i gave you a lil head start then chased you down heh. and thats crazy hp for a malibu, esp for a famliy car.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

The inline 6 comment is a joke between steve and I...as he's seen some video's of my truck on the race track, so I am always giving him hell about mo power.

But there are some 6's that you can add some serious and affordable power to. I have a buddy who just bought a chev malibu with the 6 and we have it dynoed right now at just over 340hp (for a family car...lmao).

The issue with a 4 banger is torque..they just don't produce a good power/weight ratio, which is due to them being high reving engines.

lovellsv - I hate to tell you, but a 4 banger will not keep up with a 302 v8 off the line. Nothing you do will give you an advantage. But as you pointed out, is exactly what I stated before. 4 bangers shine in the upper end of the band, which is why you were able to take in in overall speed and cornering.

But remember what you said about timing of the driver. Prime example One night my cousin and I were out with some his friends chillin and all. My cousin drives a '90 something Saturn SC2 stick w/ Pacesetter headers, Aem Intake, & Vibrant muffler and his friend drove an '94 Ford Mustang w/o power adders but some engine work. So we were at a stop when they signaled a race. So the first he ate my cousin the whole down til the next light, but the next light he wasn't so lucky cuz my cousin didn't high rev his car lilke most pppl do. He just revved to his shifting rpm and straight banged on his friends Mutang the whole block. So, take into account HP isn't always everything, it's the driver skills that helps or however you said it lol.

Edited by Mr. 973808

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

Nah man..you are right. The driving skill does have a lot to do with, I am just looking at it from a physics standpoint of torque. There are a lot of items that come in to play if you want to do a true heads up competition. First and foremost you have driver skill, you've got hp/torque, weight of the vehicle, tire pressure, aerodynamics and most important....GEARING..etc. I don't care how good of a driver you are a 4:10 rearend will always had a huge advantage over say a 3:54 off the line.

I was discarding driver skill, only for the fact that this was a friendly competition. Typically when you have friends racing, there is more laughter involved than true focus.

Edited by str86diesel

Nah man..you are right. The driving skill does have a lot to do with, I am just looking at it from a physics standpoint of torque. There are a lot of items that come in to play if you want to do a true heads up competition. First and foremost you have driver skill, you've got hp/torque, weight of the vehicle, tire pressure, aerodynamics and most important....GEARING..etc. I don't care how good of a driver you are a 4:10 rearend will always had a huge advantage over say a 3:54 off the line.

I was discarding driver skill, only for the fact that this was a friendly competition. Typically when you have friends racing, there is more laughter involved than true focus.

You took the words right of my mouth. When ppl ask about more hp and stuff. I usually tell them to get a better tranny/gearing box first because you'll be able to adjust it to your skill level and just maybe get off the line quicker than most w/power adders while you're still stock. Also true about the gear ratio but I have seen a Ford Fiesta yes FORD FIESTA eat ppl at a track over here in Jersey and run like 13's I still couldn't believe it when I saw the #'s.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

You took the words right of my mouth. When ppl ask about more hp and stuff. I usually tell them to get a better tranny/gearing box first because you'll be able to adjust it to your skill level

ha ha ha..your answer's a lot nicer than mine. Usually I tell them to stop speaking till they have track time...lmao

headers in CA won't pass smog will it? neither will intake unless its brand name.....

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my suggestions. My Civic is the Sohc not the Dohc, but mine really came alive with these mods...Aem Cam Gear, Aem Power Pulleys. Unorthodox racing Crank Pulley. Intake, exhaust, and Header. Also this is a must. Upgrade to the MSD spark plug wires, any MSD ignition with an external coil...I have the SCI Ignition with a Blaster 2 coil...It made all the difference. I also upgraded the clutch to an ACT SS clutch set.. For California, with you guys freakin insane smog tests Name brand is the way to go..I know all my Msd stuff came with Smog Stickers to say it is legal..I am glad I just pay my guys 5 bucks to get an inspection sticker...No smog check in Mississippi, if it was I would be walkin..HA HA