This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you feel it up to the nozzle, you dont leave room for the gas to expand when it gets warm, and instead of the charcoal canister dealing with fumes of the gas like it is supposed to, it gets flooded with the liquid gas and gets drenched in fuel, so it can not do its job properly, the canister is designed to deal with fuel vapors and hold them until they condense, then return them to the tank.

Edit: I detailed picture in one of my ASE books, of how it works, but my scanner is crapped out right now or I would post it to better illustrate how it works.

I was thinking this exact same thing when this whole thought occurred to me. So I could have an evap can full of gas.

It creates a vacuum to suck fumes out of the tank does it not? if so, how long would it take for the gas in the canister to evaporate with airflow/vacuum helping it along?

I've noticed the engine idling roughly too, I think it relates to this problem since its probably feeding more gas into the engine through the EGR valve and making it burn rich right?