Noob To Comps, Help Please

whats up. well i may be getting into a comp here soon but i have no idea what i am doing. i read some of the rules on termlab. but im not sure what class i would be in. i have two 15's, two 2sub amps and a total of three batteries. how do you know what some to play? is it best to play a song or play a sweep? are there any tips you can offer me. i dont plan on taking 1st or anything, well not yet :spiteful: but some help would be great. i have looked around and some people say use some jeezy and others say lil jon then some say play a sine wave. i dunno. i have no way of testing my setup before the comp so i dont have any idea what would be best. im really just looking for some suggestions. thanks

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Find someone at the comp and get them to give u some pointers and walk you through it, thats what i did

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Find someone at the comp and get them to give u some pointers and walk you through it, thats what i did

i deffinatly plan on doing that i was just hoping for a lil jump start. thanks tho

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

well since I'm a noob at it too I'm still pretty fresh in what I remember.

I read the rules too and they were pretty confusing... thats for street classes and all of that.

I would recommend starting with bass race.

by now if you have had your system for a while you should know which songs are really loud and which songs aren't. find one that you think is really loud with non stop bass for 30 seconds.

actually not non stop because that is considered a test tone or a sine wave as you might have heard and that isn't aloud for bass race. I use thug motivation by young jeezy because it has 30 seconds of 41hz tones which plays the loudest in my car... might be similar for your suburban.

you pay your $40 and tell them your name and then qualifying starts.

you can go when you want but sooner or later they will call your name.

you have 30 seconds in qualifying.

play the song you have full tilt for the first 15ish seconds maybe less depending to see what you can really do and then from there say you got a 145db.

there are classes that go up in 10db increments.

since you got a 145 you can't really compete in the 49.9 class because someone else could qualify higher than you and you wouldn't even be able to compete.

study your opponents and get to know what classes they do.

up here in nor cal nyman owns the 39.9 so anyone going in has to be prepared.

you know what I mean.

so lets say you pick the 39.9 class... you have 30 seconds when the meter starts to keep your average db score just at 139.9 without even going .1 db over.

my first comp I had limited control and went .1 over and lost automatically.

you want to be within less than a db with 15 seconds left.

the point is to get a perfect score or in some cases with the higher up class get the highest db within your limit.

I can't really think of much more but if you have any more questions it might spark it and there are many more people to ask on here I was just giving you the noob perspective lol :)

last thing is have fun... you will see the same guys at almost every show so be respectful.

ask questions too.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

good info above,

if your box is below the window line you would be in SS-NW in dB drag.

its best to play a 3 second long tone at the frequency your car peaks at.

You can ask the judge for practice tome on the meter, use an official db drag disc that the judge can lend you, and just play tracks 7 and 8, and ask the judge what you peak frequency was.

Then the next round just play that frequency.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

<------not a noob........

Well first off, Good Luck Man!!!! I mean that sincerely, The statement of have fun can not be stressed enough. It is what its is all about. You win some you lose some but, enjoy your time at the show and learn as much as you can.

Second, What organization is having a comp? If it is an official dB DRag event then the above information is correct about Bass Race. The dB Drag part is meant for you to play a single tone or sine sweep through your system. If its another organization like IASCA or USACi then the rules and classes change. Since you were looking on termlab the assumption is it is a db drag event.

Third, don't be afraid to ask questions like you are now. Just jump in the lanes and go for it man once you've done it a couple of times you'll get it.

Might as well ask here, I just got through reading all the rules for DB Drag, and from the looks of it I would be in the Street Stock Class, I am running about 1800 rms. My question is my back seats fold down, would this be allowable in the comp, I believe I gain as least 1 db, by folding the seats down.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Might as well ask here, I just got through reading all the rules for DB Drag, and from the looks of it I would be in the Street Stock Class, I am running about 1800 rms. My question is my back seats fold down, would this be allowable in the comp, I believe I gain as least 1 db, by folding the seats down.

yup seats can fold but, they must be able to show they can go back up.

one 15"

two 12"

three 10"

yup seats can fold but, they must be able to show they can go back up.

one 15"

two 12"

three 10"

They both go up and down very easily(even with my amp mounted to the back of the seat), and should still both go up and down once I get my 6.5 Cubic foot box put in there as well. Oh and I am running 2 12's so it is perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.