Sonic Electronix

hows it goin everybody. was just wondering about a o-scope. i done have one or know anybody with one around here and i remembered my school i went to for auto tech has a couple of old big beasts of o-scpose and was wondering if something like that would be acurate enough to use to set gains. i know my old instructors dont know muck at all about car audio and is why i ask here. and one more ? if it is cool to use what tone tracks or whatever should i use if i dont have one of them rockford 360 discs. anything from ROE i couls use? i just smelt my sub a bit the past week and know nothing is set up good. i have the loudness off on my deck, the sla is at -2 and i usually keep the bass set about -5(its a pioneer HU). i know theres alot already about setting gains and what not just nothing about these big old ass o-scopes lol. but hey if it works it works IMO lol. thanks

Even a shitty scope is usually made to handle stuff way beyond the sort of signals you'll get in car audio (just make sure they can take the voltage, some really poor scopes can't) but if they're huge old ones they're probably good to like 600v/20mhz whereas car audio is more like 100v/20khz :P

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Even a shitty scope is usually made to handle stuff way beyond the sort of signals you'll get in car audio (just make sure they can take the voltage, some really poor scopes can't) but if they're huge old ones they're probably good to like 600v/20mhz whereas car audio is more like 100v/20khz :P

hmm ok ill find that out and keep it in mind for sure. i just figured id give it a shot if its worth while and i have no clue what brand, how old or anything about them, i just know they are still there at the school. thanks for the info man. not alot of tools and what not availible up this way so gotto use whats there ya know and if it works it might come in handy for future use too.

one more is the other part, what track,tone whatever would one use if they dont have any "special" cd like mead used in that vid(Rockford 360.2 disk)? anything from ROE that could be used?

Archived