Second Skin Audio

im wondering what would be best for me, i listen to everything from country, to metal to rap to techno/trance stuff. now i only really bump hard to rap stuff. and just some bass for the rest of my music. so what would be better for me the 2 12's or 2 15's, 12's would fit better for me as its a tight space for a big box. are the 15's going to be a lot slower. i want to build for sql, something that gets loud but sounds good, i have a 98 s10 ext cab, currently a re xxx 12, thinking of either going fi bl 12's fully loaded or dc lvl 4 xl's. 2 of what ever i choose. just dont know what 12's or 15's. want to build a ground pounder or as close as i can get. without wall. the new subs will be powered by a saz 3500d

Edited by Hostility

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

im wondering what would be best for me, i listen to everything from country, to metal to rap to techno/trance stuff. now i only really bump hard to rap stuff. and just some bass for the rest of my music. so what would be better for me the 2 12's or 2 15's, 12's would fit better for me as its a tight space for a big box. are the 15's going to be a lot slower. i want to build for sql, something that gets loud but sounds good, i have a 98 s10 ext cab, currently a re xxx 12, thinking of either going fi bl 12's fully loaded or dc lvl 4 xl's. 2 of what ever i choose. just dont know what 12's or 15's. want to build a ground pounder or as close as i can get. without wall. the new subs will be powered by a saz 3500d

15's would have the potential to be louder, and size does not make them slower.

Also you need a lot more cone to be a "ground pounder"

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

might as well go for the 15s, dc ftw ;) . face the subs forward and port up. its a small cab area so u will have some good lows anyway.

oh i know ill be far from a ground pounder, but im just aiming that way more then anything. and yea if i got 15's i would have to do subs forward port up. but ive been told to get 12's do to the fact of the music i listen to. but i mostly wang out to rap when i do turn it up. i just dont have as much room to work with. 42 inches long max. 14 maybe 15 inches deep and 17 inches tall.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

15s are slower?

how far does a 12 need to move to equal the cone of a 15? 15s would be faster because they don't have to move as far to be equally as loud.

BUT its all in the install.

go 15s because if you go 12s you'll always wish you would have gotten 15s (and i like the XLs :) )

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i got 2 15's ina downfire sealed box n its loud as shit to me n hits lows like hell, when i was driveing home from gettin some chinese food i was wangin on it n i looked at the guys rear view beside me n it was shakein n his wife or gf looked at me like turn that shit down, n there windows was up.. :)

he was old so i kno he didn't have bass to, and dynamat or any sound deadning helps alot, i did a lil bit on my doors n it made it a lil louder due to the fact that my doors shake to much when lows hit n i loose that output

and i listen to alot of country n bluegrass, rap, rock, rnd, it sounds killer on everything, and 15's ftw, if u get smaller u will want to go bigger afterward n halfto make a new box were one box can be a lil close to almost all subs sound good in same box

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i got 2 15's ina downfire sealed box n its loud as shit to me n hits lows like hell, when i was driveing home from gettin some chinese food i was wangin on it n i looked at the guys rear view beside me n it was shakein n his wife or gf looked at me like turn that shit down, n there windows was up.. :)

he was old so i kno he didn't have bass to, and dynamat or any sound deadning helps alot, i did a lil bit on my doors n it made it a lil louder due to the fact that my doors shake to much when lows hit n i loose that output

and i listen to alot of country n bluegrass, rap, rock, rnd, it sounds killer on everything, and 15's ftw, if u get smaller u will want to go bigger afterward n halfto make a new box were one box can be a lil close to almost all subs sound good in same box

this is true. but im trying to figure out cubes for the 2 15's so far im only coming up just over 4 cubes for 2 15's, thats to small, it says 3-5 for 1 15". so i dont know if i can even properly do 2 15's. unless i do a really tall box?

Edited by Hostility

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

I hate to tell you but according to my calculations (based on the dimensions you mentioned above), you do not have the room for 2 15s. You have the room for either 2 12s or 1 15.

I hope this makes your decision easier since you have less options.

I hate to tell you but according to my calculations (based on the dimensions you mentioned above), you do not have the room for 2 15s. You have the room for either 2 12s or 1 15.

I hope this makes your decision easier since you have less options.

well i changed around my measurements, if i go with a less depth box like 13 inches, i can go taller box like 22 inches. and 42 inches long, and get just over 4 cubes. but whats the min i should make for 2 15's?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver