http://home.comcast.net/~bill.lawrence/Aud.../A-Pillars.html

NOTE: READ THE PROS ADVICE ON HERE AND APPLY WHERE NECESSARY(i.e. using hot glue, tshirts, etc....) but as far as it goes with the steps id say well explained.....

THIS IS THE START OF A PROBLEM THATS LACKING A SOLUTION

it's not dirty, he blurred it so you couldn't see into the shop/garage

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

very informative

Thanks for all the feedback, i was wondering about A-pillars myself and i seen that most everyone that replied to A-pillar questions got told to use ''search''..i didnt really find any 'detailed' pages on here so i figured id find something that was basically a 'walkthru' for A-Pillar rookies like myself... :good:

it's not dirty, he blurred it so you couldn't see into the shop/garage

I know, it was a joke. :01nocomment8so:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Not a problem...now i just gotta build me some a-pillars, kick panels, my center counsole, box for my subs, i think thats it lol, itd help alot if i got outta work before midnight... :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't all bad info.....but it was lacking a couple important parts.

1st..... There was NO fiberglass used on that pillar. All that was done was some resin and some thin material. There is no strength in that at all and could crack soon.

2nd.... Why the "milkshake"? If he used a bodyfiller to shape the pod to the pillar, just use a little more to smooth it out. Easier to work with and cost less overall.

What I would add................ I would have drill alot of holes around the peremeter of the speakers mount. Then once the material was resined and that cured, add 2 layers of 1.5oz mat. (I use 1.5oz...autopart and retail stores sell 3/4oz for reference). Then a layer on the inside of the pillar over the holes to make a mechanical bond to the mat in the front. Aids when fiberglassing to plastics. Saqnd down as smooth as you can, do a layer of Duraglass for shaping, the use a quality bodyfiller (anything by Evercoat will work), to smooth out.

The rest was pretty good.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!