Bypassing Parking Brake Feature

I recently got an in-dash screen. I wanted to know if anyone can help me out with bypassing the parking brake safety feature. I do't care about watching movies and driving but many of the other features are disabled unless the parking brake is engaged.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

What kind of unit? (brand, model) Some models with GPS you can't override. Some others you need to do a "on-off-on-off" sequence with the parking brake.

1996 Vw Jetta

Crunch 1500watt

1- Kicker 15" L7 @ 1ohm in a 4cu. ft. Ported Enclosure Tuned to 32Hz.

4- 6.5" Menace Door Speakers &

2- Menace super tweeters in the dash

139.11db @ 40hz (6/2010..old amp setup)

I recently got an in-dash screen. I wanted to know if anyone can help me out with bypassing the parking brake safety feature. I do't care about watching movies and driving but many of the other features are disabled unless the parking brake is engaged.

i believe that there should be a pink wire. possibly a diff. color depending on your deck..but its my understanding that all you ned to do is ground it so the deck thinks that the e-brak it allways engaged..or its the opposite way, that you dont ground it. but im pretty sure you do

What kind of unit? (brand, model) Some models with GPS you can't override. Some others you need to do a "on-off-on-off" sequence with the parking brake.

The shop that installed my Clarion Touch Screen put in a toggle switch for me when they installed it under the dash, so just a quick flip and it lets me use all the features while the car isnt in park. They also told me if I ever get caught with it that it wasnt them that installed that toggle switch.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I figured I either needed to ground it or hook it up to a hot wire. Just didn't know which one. Thanks

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

u ground it i have never seen one go to a hot wire. Also u might have to put a switch on it to do the sequence if just grounding it does not work.,

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

What exactly do you mean by sequence?

On my Pioneer there is a wire labeled for the brake and I just hooked that up to a toggle switch and it works

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

What was the toggle switch running from?