My Graduation Present To My Friend. 4 E8's Dodge Ram Extended Cab

Well awhile back my friend wanted 4 e8's in his chevy silverado, i have since bought that truck from him and he got a dodge ram extended cab. i have built boxes for these before and they are a BIOTCH. i knew that without fiberglass the 4 8's probablly wouldnt fit...so i procrastonated doing it because after a month of glassin the inside of my box, it got annoying. well he decided to go to a local shop (who think they are know-it-alls and are the best) and got a bid becasue he knows i hate them and it would promt me to build his box. They first started off by saying there was absolutly no way the 8s would work without taking the back seat out. then they asked the question of what brand the subs were, and when he said Sundown e8 they responded with " well here we only sell quality products, no off brands"...ironicly the name of the shop in sundown a&v lol. well this pissed me off so i got to work and decided i would do it for his graduation present, and to show the shop whats up lol....

Posted Image

before pic.

Posted Image

taped everything off for the glassin

Posted Image

the box was to be built by making a master template of the shape of the buckets under the seat, and then from there i would use a flush trim bit in the router to make more plates that would serve as the bottom, middle, top and trim panel for the box. so basicly it will be a bunch of perfect layers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i made him help me lol he slaved over the tin foil hhaha

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i layed down 2 layers of matte, once it was dry, i popped in out and added a bunch more layers till it was around 1/2'' thick.

Posted Image

i sanded the top build up down smooth so that when i added the nextt plate to it it would be even.

after the next plate was added, another coat of resin was applied to the entire structure to seal it, then i filled each side up with water to find the volume. one that was achievd, i made both sides equal using blocks of mdf.

Posted Image

then i added the top and found an exact location for the holes to be symetrical on both sides.

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

post 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

then i routed the trim panal plate and routed out the holes of ware the woofers will go the same as the baffle board( used a jigsaw on the baffle because my router jig will only do 8" and larger circles) then i put the woofers in and traced them to find the exact placement. then i used a 9 1/2" circle template to make the circles larger so that they will be semi-fluch mounted and will have 1/2" gap for the lighted plexi to show through.

Posted Image

i primed and sealed the baffle board around the woofers and int he middle ware a plexi window with my decal will go. i then painted it metallic silver so that the leds will reflect off of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i used a rabbiting bit to notch out 1/2" x 3/16" around the woofer cutout on the bottom of the trim panal to allow clearance for the frosted plexi inserts i made. the woofers will mount on these. i also used a strait bit to make channals on the underside to run the wires for the LEDS in. (looked pretty cool but forgot to take a pic)

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Posted Image

i frosted the plexi becasue it gives it more of a glow all around.

and here it is, all done :) (minus my decal that will come later)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol it looks really nice i cant wait to see how it sounds. they will be amped off of a diamond 1100.1 with knu wiring.

..and yeah thats a beer in his hand lol its graduation nite we had to have fun

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

dude, u was not kidding in ur text u have been doing sweet instals, dude, i need to get me a fucking router ASAPP!!!!! here i come Scott!(uncle who i can get shit at cost)

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

dude, u was not kidding in ur text u have been doing sweet instals, dude, i need to get me a fucking router ASAPP!!!!! here i come Scott!(uncle who i can get shit at cost)

Bills

hehe yeah wait till i get this subaru im workin on up :) and Router=god lol

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

ya, i'm doing a build with a guy that lives in Lincoln which is like hour and a half away, on the seventh we are gonna try to get a build done in one day for 2 18" BTL's and a RF t4kbd, ya, he wants to flush mount subs, and i don't have router, so either its gonna be jigsaw and sanding, or its spend money on a router. lol, i'll call my uncle and see what they cost with a jasperjig. haha

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

that is sick! and there is no better feeling then doing something the "pros" said you couldnt do!

lol yeah, i also install at that shops competitor so its really funny lol

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

Archived