There use to be an NHRA class I believe that was for 305s. Not sure what it was about. Ive seen them run 9s in the 1/4. They use to talk about it in super chevy magazines. It was a suspension comapny that sponsored one of the top cars in the class and it said something ( been awhile) about it running a 1.26 60ft. I do believe they make a stroker kit for the 305 to bump it up to a 32X, dont think it was 327. Myabe look into things like roller rockers and matched springs. I think those stamped steel rockers blow balls lol. Maybe do your own pocket porting. Not much you can do to a 305 without putting alot of MONIES into it. Better to save. NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACMENT! Sweet car!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

one thing you could do is swap the cams from the auto l69 cam to the manual l69 cam. the manual transmission cars had a more aggresive cam then the autos did. headers even equal length shortys will help you out, and whoever said full lengths will make you lose torque is full of it. full length headers have always been known for a good lowend torque boost. brodix and world make 305 heads check into those

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

one thing you could do is swap the cams from the auto l69 cam to the manual l69 cam. the manual transmission cars had a more aggresive cam then the autos did. headers even equal length shortys will help you out, and whoever said full lengths will make you lose torque is full of it. full length headers have always been known for a good lowend torque boost. brodix and world make 305 heads check into those

actually long tubes on a completely stock engine do make it lose low end. check some flow and dyno charts. just about every dyno sheet I've ever seen with a car with long tubes and a stock engine compared to shortys had less low end. it had more high end horsepower obviously but hes looking for low end.

long tubes would give him overall more peak torque but higher in the rpm range and a shorter peak

I'm not tryin to start an argument over this just saying what my experiences are to what he wants to make out of his car.

Edited by pk222

Damn that car is clean.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

heads, roller rockers, and cam it. Equal length headers and get it tuned up by somebody that knows a little something about carb jetting and your in the show. And I've personally owned a 1991 mustang 5.0. with the ford racing 302 aluminum head roller rocker motor and i walked on those ls1's. I'm sure you can do the same with the 305. Stated above No replacement for displacement. Load of shit IMO. 2jz is a 3.0 and with a single turbo would give all the cars mentioned fits. You can easily obtain 800hp on stock internals with one of those bad boys. Not a big block fan!!!!!!

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM