Second Skin Audio

Dd Audio 9500 12" Or Dc Audio Lvl 4xl 12"?

I am currently running 1 12" kicker cvx in a 3.8 cube(gross) box tuned to 33hz and was maybe thinking of going louder and was looking at the 2 subs i listed above, does anyone have any advice on either sub or should i keep my sub and maybe just buy another cvx????

By the way i am running a power acoustik bamf-4000/1d amp

Any advice on sub and price difference would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lonny.

Edited by hondaonchrome

Well I'm pretty sure the 9500 can take more power than the XL, but you won't be disappointed with either one. They are close to the same weight and can both be loud as fawk if you do them right.

Just based on what I've heard as far as cost, you'll get more bang for your buck with the XL.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Well I'm pretty sure the 9500 can take more power than the XL, but you won't be disappointed with either one. They are close to the same weight and can both be loud as fawk if you do them right.

Just based on what I've heard as far as cost, you'll get more bang for your buck with the XL.

Thanks for the comment :good:

well im pretty sure the 9500 would edge out the dc, but you can get 2 dc's for the price of one 9500. retail on a 9512 is $769

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

imo i would go with DC, but i wouldnt post DC prices up.... because rusty doesnt have his prices up for a reason

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Before you go spending a ton of money on either subwoofer try building yourself a new box. That size of a box that you have now is probably way too big for your sub. I'd do something in the 1.75-2 cube after displacement range for that sub no matter what Kicker reccomends. Ben Gailey was doing a 150+ in his PT Cruiser with one CVX 15 so they can get pretty loud.

My reccomendation would be 2 cubes with 2 4" aeroports tuned to whatever you prefer. I'm pretty sure that would be much louder than your box now and sound better.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

^^ listen to this man he knows what hes talking about, but yeah i dont think rusty would appreciate you publicly announcing the price he gave you

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Sorry about the price post.....it has been edited.

The box i have it in now slams but i just built it to see how well it would sound in that size box but my plans are on building a smaller one around 2-2.25 cube.

I appreciate all the advice,someone just told me to do a lvl4 with the lvl5 coil does this sound like a good idea?

its really up to you bro there both great subs I posted a thread almost exactly like this a few weeks ago. I wont post what decision i made b/c im waiting for one of my subs to come in as we speak and I kind want it to be a supprise, but if you p.m. me I will tell just for the hell of it. But I do know that you can't beat the prices if dc.

Edited by convectedfelon

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg