I'm sick of F*@king around

I'm changing my system this winter. currently I have three 10's sealed facing the rear.

I want it louder and I don't want to mess with a little bit at a time. I've done that in the past and it just costs more and causes more headaches. As I see it 6 10's is as big as I can do and still keep it as a daily.

I want to do six tens ported facing forward. If funds allow I will be doing DD9510's. The enclosure rough plan is 9 ft3 with a 150 sq" port x 28" long (35 hz). I plan on a sub arrangement with three subs and the port facing the back seat and three subs on the parcel tray. All one enclosure sharing one port. And the trunk sealed off.

I've done the measurements and it looks like this will work/fit. Will be building the box in car and fiberglassing part of the spare tire well to get enough air and have room in my trunk for batteries and amps.

My question is WIll I have cancellation problems with the subs being on different planes. Three subs facing up and three facing forward.

So, I can fit 6 10's or 2 15's.  What would you do.

both combo's would go in 9ft3 box ported and tuned to 35hz. The six tenswould follow the plan above stated the 2 15's would be subs forward port up trunk sealed off.

the 6 10's (dd9510) can handle 9000 watts rms /                if I used the new fi's 12000 to 15000 rms  :o

the 2 15'2 (dd9515) can handle 3000 watts rms (spec)/        if I used the new fi's 4000 to 5000 rms

IF the choice was yours what would you do???????? and why????

:^well i like the idea of cramping 6 10"s in a small space because there are too many people doing the norm with 2 15"s and so on, and thus the reason i went with 12 10's in my van just to be a little different :-[

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Did some more measuring

Measurments = on 6 10's after sub displacement/port displacement(30x4x29)/ 2" walls/ bracing I have

7.11ft3 35hz

Less then I was hoping but still almost 1.2 ft3 per 10"

Maybe able to get another ft3 out of the spare tire well (I'm only figuring about 1.5ft3 out of spare tire well. won't know for sure until I take out old box.)

The guys on sounddpressure are pushing two fifteens hard, but IMO 6 10's would not only be louder but also more pleasing to listen to in a DD. But all I have are theories. The more opinions the better. I'm having a tough time deciding and would like to here from everyone!! :^

i would still do the 6 10s it would look sick and be loud also if you have the rite amount of power for all 6 10s that would be the way to go IMO  =V^

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I think I'm going to do the 4 12's. The install will be a little easier. The power requirements will be a little lower (to start) and I have more options with subs.  I think for this winter I may start with FI Q's or PAP WMD's then upgrade to FI BTL's or DD 9512's at a later date. When I can afford the power.

I was just thinking I may start with the BTL's and underpower them for a while. But this way I won't be wasting money on subs that I only plan on using for 6 - 12 months like I did with my 10's I have now.

If I'm really poor this winter I may just do 6 10's using three of the tens I have now and buying three more matching ones, but they are only 500 wrms tens. They are good but nowhere near where I want to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that if you put in the btl's  they wont come out, they sound good man, not only do they handle a emense(sp) amount of power get very loud, they sound really good.

only one reason Im not getting, because of something that came up I cant turn down.

David

• 2 weeks later...

i think im understaing something here david... :^ :^ or maybe its 630 in the morning and im delusional

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer