So I Just Dropped Over 1g On My Computer... I Need Comforting... Lol

Yep you are probably playing games that only utilize two cores; so for you a e8400 OC'd makes sense. Turbo mode can only do soo much. Personally I have various rigs from amd to intel, etc. I think for my next rig I will wait for Core i5 (p55) and possibly even Gulftown. The highest end core i5 is supposed to be a little more expensive than core i7 920 and be a little faster.

As far as video cards I really don't like what Nvidia has been doing lately. I have a BFG GTX 280 and there is no need for me to upgrade it. Hopefully the GTX 300 series will be innovative enough to compete with ATI's 5000 series.

Intel is not going to release 32nm parts before i5, so it may take a while. It could be anywhere from late this year to early next year.

As far as AMD that 3.2 ghz phenom II is the best bang for your buck cpu. Faster than most 775 parts and a little slower than i7 920. In everyday things, you won't notice the difference, unless you are trying to break benchmark records.

amen to that. you wont notice a difference with everday computing or gaming.

also, you cant say the i7 920 is only 50 bucks more because and i7 mobo is at least 100 bucks higher than an am3. it all starts to add up.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

amen to that. you wont notice a difference with everday computing or gaming.

also, you cant say the i7 920 is only 50 bucks more because and i7 mobo is at least 100 bucks higher than an am3. it all starts to add up.

Very true, I kinda worded that incorrectly. The core itself is only $50 or so more, and the mobo adds some more. But, it might not be a full $100 depending on what you were looking for... when I was shopping for am3 boards I was still looking at nice boards... somewhat in the caliber of the x58 boards if you get what I mean. In the end I could have ended up in a similar range of mobos had I wanted to be, though I ended up being a bit better.

yep. dont get me wrong, im not hatin. i would orgasm if i had an i7 with an x58. :o

im in the process of shopping for a rig and i would love to do i7 but i dont have the income to spend the extra monies.

i plan on getting something like this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103471 :)

srry for the hijack

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

No worries. Looks like plenty of processor to me. Honestly I have always put more emphasis on video card than cpu... and I think thats the proper way to do it to a point.

In other news... the first time I went to load up cpuz something didn't quite work right.... said I had revision 5 or something like that... but I just checked again... and.....

I GOT A D0!!!!1

Yea, you are all pretty right.... I got the i7 (920 of course) the evga x58 mobo (not classified) a gtx 285, and 6 gigs of mushkin ram with the 7 cas latency.

I was going to get a g9 but after looking at my cart total I cheaped out to a g5. I loved my old one and didn't see too much of a reason for the extra $40.

I already have a raptor 10k so no need for that there, and I don't see a reason to go ssd yet... sure it will make a big difference but not with graphics etc. now I will be getting a tb drive soon... need some more storage.

the G9 is worth the extra $40 the dpi is insane and there are so many configurations it covers everything.

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0

* Big 3: Rockford 1/0

* Enclosure: Idyllic

the G9 is worth the extra $40 the dpi is insane and there are so many configurations it covers everything.

while you might be right.... I now have the G5 :) lol. Maybe ill upgrade at some point. But as far as dpi, I don't even use the highest setting on my g5... or any other configurations etc. Plug it in, adjust sensitivity, and kill people. :girl_devil:

Archived