Sonic Electronix

polk used to be 3ohm so did Orion Cobalt series the will get more power from the same amp

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

polk used to be 3ohm so did Orion Cobalt series the will get more power from the same amp

Stinger Electronics used to make a device called the Accumatch that lowered the ohm load your amp "sees" I can find used ones online but it does not appear that they make it anymore. I think it was juyst a fancy box with different level capacitors or resistors in it to reduce ohm load. Hope that helps!!! :hi:

Starting From Scratch!!

but that wouldn't mean your comps would get more power, just that your amp is putting out more power and the "accumatch" would be using the power if it lowered the ohm load. The only time I would see that being useful if the speaker's ohm load was too low for the amp, and that "accumatch" would cause a rise in the ohm load saving your amp from sure distruction.

but that wouldn't mean your comps would get more power, just that your amp is putting out more power and the "accumatch" would be using the power if it lowered the ohm load. The only time I would see that being useful if the speaker's ohm load was too low for the amp, and that "accumatch" would cause a rise in the ohm load saving your amp from sure distruction.

You may very well be right but they advertised it as getting more power to the woofer. The post just made me remember it but if they don't sell it anymore maybe that's why!

Starting From Scratch!!

Someone correct me if im wrong, but the only way to get more power to something with a certain ohm load is to raise the voltage. Sure the accumatch could cause the amp to put out more power, but it would be no different than if you crossed a resistor across the terminals of the amp... the amp would put out more power, but the resistor would be what was using that power. (ohms law)

But like I said, it could potentially cause a rise in the ohm load, saving the amp from a low ohm load, which would be similar to putting a resistor inline on the power wire.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but the only way to get more power to something with a certain ohm load is to raise the voltage. Sure the accumatch could cause the amp to put out more power, but it would be no different than if you crossed a resistor across the terminals of the amp... the amp would put out more power, but the resistor would be what was using that power. (ohms law)

But like I said, it could potentially cause a rise in the ohm load, saving the amp from a low ohm load, which would be similar to putting a resistor inline on the power wire.

Accumatch is a transformer, apart from slight efficiency losses it does transfer the full power. Converts the output from low voltage high current to high voltage low current.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!