Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

what up alright i got the two 15" alpine type rs what type of box should i roll with which direction do i need to face the subs? and what size of box?

Posted

Quite a few people on here have had good luck with the sub up port back style box. I have also had good luck with the sub back port back, and a lil luck with the sub up port up design but not to much. It all depends on what you want to do and how much room you got to do it in. The siz of box and type of box would be better told to you by someone who likes alpine sub's because I don't know jack about there spec's and what works best for them.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg
Posted

My buddy runs a type r 12 in a ported box built to alpines specs, and the thing sounds amazing. I almost went with r's for my setup. I'd just start off with what alpine recommends, and then if you're not happy with it go from there.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Posted

This is what you want it to look like

untitledtahoe.jpg

you could do dual slot ports,areo or pvc ports or sealed if you want. Its what you like.

BANNED LIKE A MOTHAFUCKA

britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

IM BANNED BECAUSE IM A FUCKIN FUCKTARD

Posted

I have an '06 Yukon and with the subs and ports facing the rear, the truck peaks at a higher frequency. Mine peaks at 45hz this way. This makes it louder but doesn't pick up some of the low notes as well as I would like. With the subs up and ports back it peaks a lot lower (mine at 40hz) and sounds much better when listening to "boomin' rap music." So do you want it loud or low?

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 858 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...