Sonic Electronix

Well i purchased a Alpine CDA-9886 Headunit, and i also purchased a set of Infinity 693.9i 6x9's for the back of my car..

HU link:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=18771

6x9 link:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=19664

The speakers are Dual 2 ohm.. how would i wire them to this headunit? (im assuming the headunit puts out 4ohm signals?)

In a series.. or what? Im confused... lol

Does each speaker have two positive and negative hookups? Is it like a Dual Voice Coil Sub?

For the front doors i ordered a set of Rockford Fosgate T162S Component Speakers

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/.....&RowIndex=2

I will be running those off the deck for now too...

So yeah.... im confused.

Is it just a plug and play kinda thing, or do i need to switch wires around?

I will be getting an amp in about a month to power everything properly, but for now i need to know how to hook it up via the headunit. I would hate to damage, or even blow, something because i wired it wrong..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

should be able to hook them series as long as they have dual + and - hook ups for them

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

thats given like you said the head unit is 4ohm

if each speaker only has single hook up then would need amp or wire both speakers in series to one channel from the head unit :/

the fronts should hook up as normal thru the cross-over that comes with them

i believe infinities speakers are designed to run at 2 or 4 ohms, my brother has some Infinity 60.9cs's and they are 2 and 4 ohm stable and he is running them off of a kicker 2 channel amp, it put out about 50 watts per speaker....and wow they are loud for such little power they are getting.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

i will be getting a 4 channel amp to power everything in about a month, can you guys recommend the right amp for me?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

i will be getting a 4 channel amp to power everything in about a month, can you guys recommend the right amp for me?

all depens what your looking to spend and who you ask, everyone has their own little brand they little over the others for any given reason but the best question to ask is what are you willing to spend and what are you looking to get out of it?

with you its little more diffcult you got one brand of speaker in back and one brand in front the brand in back handles 2 ohms the brand in front handles 4 ohms so it kinda rough to say what 4 channel to get atleast for me. i myself would go with 2 2channel amp and get them to go with the rms of the front and rear speakers then you know just whats going to each at the ohms they need and the rms they can handle.

as for what brand thats kinda up to you as long as who you get it from has a good warrnity on it then you should be ok

thats what i think anyways i never dealt with something like this where front and rear speakers wear different ohms so not reall sure just trying to give some help advice :)

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Yes, this will be the correct way to wire them.

Yes, the alpine is stable at 4 ohms, and produces 15w rms. No matter what infinity claims about their speaker being superior due to the 2 ohm load the fact is, that almost every H/U is designed from the ground up with the assumption that it will run a 4 ohm speaker. An amp installed for the means to power such speakers is a different story, and this is where infinity shines. A multi channel amp that is 2 ohm stable per channel powering infinity's can be the best route to go verses running a standard 2 ohm speaker through a H/U.

However in your case for the time being you will be fine running them off of the H/U as long as you follow that wiring diagram.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

so i do not need to run them in series.... lol??

This $hit confuses me...

So is it possible for me to get a 4 channel amp to run both the front and the rears?

Or am i forced to get two 2 channel amps.. as well as 1 sub amp when i get a sub?

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

if they are single 2ohm coils then you would have to run them like this off one 4ohm channel

+ from 4ohm to + on one of the speakers - on that speaker to + of other speaker then - on that speaker back to - from the 4 ohm its series wiring still just useing 2 speakers svc instead of one dvc speaker

and if they are single voice coils then you would need amp for front and rear since i don't know any amps that 2 channels can be 2 ohms and other 2 be 4 ohms

now if they are dual voice coils hopefully they are, would be best thing for you as you could run one 4 channnel amp at 4 ohms hooking the front speakers up as normal and hooking each rear up in series to their own channels on the amp and all the speakers would be getting the right ohms to them but will need to watch out to make sure your not puching to many watts to any one of the speakers as they are running at different ohms makes finding one 4 channel amp having just enough to power all the speakers well with out giving them to much

so really it all depens on those rear speakers if they are dvc or svc

hope this helps :)

and if they are single voice coils then you would need amp for front and rear since i don't know any amps that 2 channels can be 2 ohms and other 2 be 4 ohms

I'm sorry, if you don't know what you're talking about please don't try to give advice. I hate to be so brutal but it's one of my pet peeves.

They are single 2 ohm. Just give each one its own channel and don't try and run any other speakers off that channel. Doesn't matter if it's a headunit or an amp, unless the amp is a total piece of shit.

99.99999% of car audio stuff these days is 2 ohm stable.

End rant......

EDIT: Nope, not finished quite yet, jeeeesus LordArcane you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!