Is This Possible?

Those are not by any means spl subs. And if they are new Mojos, they wont handle that 4kw very well either. I honestly dont see this happening at all. A 145 is more so what you will be at.

Right now at half ohm Im hitting 146.6 on the dash. 149.7 on the kick. This is the reason Im putting this question to the forums. I also use this as a daily driver.

Edited by 98ExpoSPL

If you have to ask... :P

I assume we're talking termlab scores here. It'll be a hard goal with a cabin that big. You'll want a pure burp box, something with 2 6" aeroports preferably, chimney ports, maybe ports left sub right?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If you have to ask... :P

I assume we're talking termlab scores here. It'll be a hard goal with a cabin that big. You'll want a pure burp box, something with 2 6" aeroports preferably, chimney ports, maybe ports left sub right?

yes boon, strictly term lab. I know the back of my truck is mainly glass and we all know fart boxes are strictly for burpin. the box im thinking about building, subs up.. slot ported back is what i have to go on at the moment. Again the reason im asking for suggestions.

I don't know if subs up will work for you in an SPL situation. The rear is too large and the cone area too insufficient for it to load properly, IMO.

You're better off firing to the sides or back so the subs have a surface to load off. Loading = gains.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

My HHR is better for SPL than an expedition and it took me about 3.5Kw per sub to break 150 dB with 2) 12s.

It took me about 2Kw per sub to break 150dB with 3) 12s.

And it has taken me about 1200-1300w per sub to break 150 dB with 4) 12s.

Bottom line is, I dont believe you have enough power, for that vehicle and that cone area.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion