lt1jerome Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 I bought this sub from my cousin so I really had no reason not to trust what he said. He told me it was a RE MT 18 that was reconed/rebuilt with FI soft parts(whatever that means). The basket looks like a FI or RE but the cone area is what concerns me. I'm currently building the box for it, i just hope it will play. Has anyone seen the finished product like this. Thanks for the feedback. http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2695/1010420.jpg
lt1jerome Posted June 4, 2009 Author Report Posted June 4, 2009 I bought this sub from my cousin so I really had no reason not to trust what he said. He told me it was a RE MT 18 that was reconed/rebuilt with FI soft parts(whatever that means). The basket looks like a FI or RE but the cone area is what concerns me. I'm currently building the box for it, i just hope it will play. Has anyone seen the finished product like this. Thanks for the feedback.http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2695/1010420.jpg Sorry wrong forum and double post
Sampsonite Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 02 re xxx --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
bennett15 Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 going to go with and older re as well. also looks like he repaired the surround with some ca glue? 98 Dodge Durango 12 000K 50/55W Headlights 12 000K 35W Fog lights HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever (1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded (1) Ported box 33hz (1) Soundstream TRX1500D (1) Soundstream TRX2.440 (1) RE 6.5" Component Set (1) Rear battery Big 3 in 0/1 gauge 2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire 250A Alt soon..
Noobtastic14 Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 Hopefully not CA- i'd think it was a bit to rigid for a surround repair. yeah that is an older XXX IMO very good woofer- you got damn lucky Cone area should be close if not the same as many other 18s out there. -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Boon Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 As above, old RE XXX. I don't know the difference in the years though. 10.x volts fo' life!
lt1jerome Posted June 4, 2009 Author Report Posted June 4, 2009 As above, old RE XXX. I don't know the difference in the years thoughI just purchased a new Sundown sae-1200d to power it. It should do the job for a daily driver. Thanks for the feed back
pstone11 Posted June 4, 2009 Report Posted June 4, 2009 Moved to the right spot. Nice sub! Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.