I am having some issues with my car (FWD). I have just changed to the Easystreet struts. I bought new tires and had the front end aligned. I had this done on March 30. I drive the car maybe 3 times a week. So I am sure I have less than 3000 miles on the tires and they are down to the canvas on the outer edge. I have an appointment monday with the alignment shop for them to check it out. They are not familiar with any adjustable suspension and have asked me to find out anything I can out about what can be done to correct this. I hope I have given enough info for you guys to help me.

could be a camber issue.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

wear on the toutter edge=+camber

u mentioned easy street struts, how is it being controlled? digital or just switches?

i was gonna buy a easy street air ride kit for my civic (spent the money on another car instead) and it had a digital controller with a preset ride height, if u have a preset, set it as ur ride height and get ur alignment done on that preset, if not its gonna be hard for u to get an alignment done that u can use, if u have just switches that is.

u can go by ur air pressure but i dont know if thats accurate enough

more info on ur set up is needed

siggy.jpg

I am having some issues with my car (FWD). I have just changed to the Easystreet struts. I bought new tires and had the front end aligned. I had this done on March 30. I drive the car maybe 3 times a week. So I am sure I have less than 3000 miles on the tires and they are down to the canvas on the outer edge. I have an appointment monday with the alignment shop for them to check it out. They are not familiar with any adjustable suspension and have asked me to find out anything I can out about what can be done to correct this. I hope I have given enough info for you guys to help me.

balljoints?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

if it is the outer edge of the tire you have positive camber which is not a good thing. You must have had it aligned then are driving with it above the ride height that it was set on during the alignment. I use the Dakota Digital ride height controller, works off of air pressure and or ride height sensors. I can't use the sensors because i get too much lift and I am unable to get it to work properly but the air pressure is close enough that i don't get any uneven tire wear. I'll even drive with aired out draggin the frame on the ground for short periods and don't notice any tire wear. My last bagged car had McPhearson bag over struts and I didn't even get it aligned for 6 months after i bagged it and was just starting to show bad wear on the inside of the tires.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

You must have had it aligned then are driving with it above the ride height that it was set on during the alignment.

I was very careful to drive with it at the pressure it was aligned at. I was hoping to get more life out of this set of tires. I also have new energy suspension poly bushings and new balljoints. Is there anything I need to pay attention to that might affect toe and cause wear like this?

Car is a 01 pt cruiser( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3153289 ) I have Easystreet struts in front, Slam Specialties bags in rear and have two dual needle gauges to monitor them.

Camber is not adjustable on a PT, unless they used camber correcting bolts ~$20 + install charge on top of the alignment, is this what you mean by eccentric bolts?

And yes it will be out of spec at different height settings.

Here is a great resource forum for you to join. ;)

www.ptcrew.com

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG