so it's getting warm out so I can start looking for motors so which one would you do

5.8 351 Cleveland stroked to 408

or

429 bigblock

when done they will need to be in the high 500 to high 600 horse power range

car is a 1973 mach1 4 speed

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

'73's are huge and heavy as-is. Just put the Cleveland in it.

My friend and I are restoring a '73 3spd. with a 351 in it. Love to see pics if you have a system in yours; we are looking for ideas.

[/threadjack]

PS EDIT: If you can afford it, EFI will make either motor so easy to live with.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

I forgot I don't have pictures on here mine doesn't have floors I'm redoing it inside and out

for the system I'm just doing 2 infinite baffled icons or something

I have had this car for about 6 years and I just started on it now so not much is done

30,000 miles

cobra jet car

4sd

deluxe interior

fold down back seat

ram air

9" with posi

ect. ect. ect.

0804071816.jpg

downsized0409091819a.jpg

0409091820d.jpg

downsized0409091820b.jpg

0409091819.jpg

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

PS EDIT: If you can afford it, EFI will make either motor so easy to live with.

I'm not gonna efi this would take away from the car imo

besides this car will get drove like 2-3 hundred miles a year

mcintoshsigz.png

I would stick with the original motor it will be worth more and like they say "there's no replacement for displacement". Are you sure it's not a 428 Cobra Jet?

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

I would stick with the original motor it will be worth more and like they say "there's no replacement for displacement". Are you sure it's not a 428 Cobra Jet?

yeah I 'm 100% positive it's a 351 cobra jet it was the biggest motor available for this year

1971 had the boss 351 and 429 super cobra jet 1973 only had the 351

and I'm not worried about value this thing is priceless to me my first car right here

mcintoshsigz.png

90% of these have rusted floors ford made it to thin a tip is to drill holes and spot weld it thats what the factory did but the had the floor as 1 piece

mcintoshsigz.png

In my opinion I think you would be happier with the stroked 351. 73 I'm pritty sure was the heaviest mustang made and adding a big block to that unless your going stroked and blown drag car wouldn't be worth it. I don't know whether your planning on building your own engine or having it built but if your buying a shortblock either fordstrokers.com or dssracing.com would be great companies to deal with. I myself haven't but I've heard great reviews on both.

I'm doing everything myself I have built 5 motors so I know what I am doing and the 429 isn't that much heavier than the 351 both are big iron blocks the 351c has alot of extra webbing on the block

besides it's only heavy for a mustang it's lighter than a 1973 trans am was

mcintoshsigz.png