Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Is Tight Bass Response Possible Ported?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I HAD my FI's in a the FI recommended ported box on a 1000w for the pair. IT throws a tone and bass music great but sucked with Metallica double bass and some Sevendust it was ok with 311

I recently build a sealed box for the same woofers and now have 1000W on EACH woofers. Its tighter but has a huge upper response and just ok low end response IMO.

Can I have the best of both worlds. I almost never listen to rap but want my rock tight and loud and it just kind of tight now and not that loud.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Posted

I know it's possible to make a ported box sound tighter then a sealed box.

I had had speakers which had 2 6.25 inch woofers in a sealed box, and they weren't as tight as my other speakers with 1 12inch ported.(<= home speakers)

If the port is a bit on the small side, and it's tuned a bit high, around 36-37 hertz and you have polyfill in you're box it should sound quite tight.

Forgot to tell that you also need a smaller enclosure because of the polyfill.

How big is the box?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2176 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...