so your using stock control arms up front? I asked about the firewall being notched because I'm sick of having cars with no AC and I've wanted to do a bagged truck for a while but didn't like the idea of losing the ac

and do you have any pictures of the inside all finished? would the back seat bolt in if you pretty much took all the foam out from the bottom where the tunnel is?

yeah i am using my stock arms.... the fire wall.. no it doesnt have to vbe tubbed but i dnt know if you can keep your ac though ... i didnot keep mine, and anthr thng to keep in mind is that if you plan on z'n the frame or buying a drop x member that will also raise your wheels.... just something to keep in mind... yeah i have a few pics of the inside ill try to get more.. and the seat.. thats exactly what i did .. i removed alot of the foam, i also had to notch the back part of the frame the seat sits on.... and it still latches back in its original place, ill try to snag a few pics for you.. and if your seat is the same as mine you need to cut the metal on the bottom of the seat ( its like a tray ) b/c if you remove that then the foam just drops out of the bottome when you sit in it... let me kno if i can help out

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

You dont need a body drop unless you want to lay rocker with no pinch weld or lay door, all you need to do is Z the front xmember and it well lay like this

hes about 1/2 inch - 1inch form laying pinch.

ok but in order to Z the front you have to remove the body from the frame, so while you have it off you might as well just go the extra step and build yourself a new 3/4 frame, since you will be cutting up the front 1/4 then pretty much making a new back half for the 4 link, notch, etc

ok but in order to Z the front you have to remove the body from the frame, so while you have it off you might as well just go the extra step and build yourself a new 3/4 frame, since you will be cutting up the front 1/4 then pretty much making a new back half for the 4 link, notch, etc

You dont have to remove the body, just strip the front end down

Posted Image

link to the build thread the pic is from http://www.streetsource.com/forum/topic.as...354&page=-2

• 3 months later...

wow that burban is badass. and not trying to thread jack but why do the (dont know right word) link bars for the rear end go in a v instead of like front to back?

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

to keep the rear end from moving side to side. if they were straight then he would need to use a panhard bar or Watts Link. its just easier to use a triangulated 4 link if you can fit it

Archived