Sayhuh?'s Jetta. Almost done! RE XXX 12, RF t1500.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp...got started on some work and then BAM..side tracked. Disappointed, but hopefully not too hard to fix :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

and now some close ups..

Posted Image

Whats that I see? The ground? Sigh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soo I started cutting and removing all that great black shit. Have to go buy a new welder and get started. Should be fun...yea! (sarcasm) LoL.

So umm..any ideas to get the black icky shit up easier? :search:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I used 1 of the kitchen knives to et rid of that crap, heated it a bit with a hair dryer and just scraped at it for ages :( Even a paint scraper would work I think..

Yep, I think I am going to get a heat gun. Paint scraper isn't working alone. Poo. Good excuse to buy a welder though. :)

Blown

• 2 months later...

how did you get the glove box off? mines stuck closed and id like to buy a new onee to replace it.

lol its funny looking at yours because mines the same color combo. well until i redo all the white bullshit up top.

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got the floor pans welded in, forgot to grab pictures of them, but remember after I got the deadener laid. :o

Here's what it was like from beginning til now.

Before the strip down:

Posted Image

Tore down and the rust :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the work I started this past weekend :)

I replaced the radio and ran the USB. I need to take some pics of the old stock radio. When I started taking it out, the face just fell apart into little pieces :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am using carpet padding just for now. I can't afford to get the good shit yet, but I spray about 4 cans of sound deadener in and the sheets over it. The carpet padding makes it softer haha. I have most of the center console in, carpet and one seat and the dash fully back together..got too dark to take pics so I will get them up tomorrow. After the interior is done, then its off to the rear end to do some brake work. Hopefully driveable by October!

Blown

Battery in

Posted Image

Big 3

Posted Image

Got bored =) Did the rear one too.

Posted Image

Trunk

Posted Image

Possible layout...unsure what I will do.

Posted Image

Radio and USB

Posted Image

Box. Waiting on carpet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What its getting. Unsure about the 4 channel, but it will do for now. =)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have Lots to do still, but getting there. I still haven't got plates on it yet! haha. Going with MB Quarts Prem. series for mids and highs.

Oh yea..I need a new seat =/

Posted Image

Blown

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear Jetta emblem. Excuse the dirt. It's been sitting for a while.

Posted Image

More. I got it on and am still working some trim pieces. Can't fully finish the rear until I get my 6.5s in...sigh. I still haven't taken it down for plates =) It hits hard for one 12 :) Stock mids suck though haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I might slide the box back a tad. Just to give a little more room up front.Also..time to vacuum :)

Blown

lol you ignored my question from earlier about the glove box.

mines coming together again as well, i have hertz fronts and rears in it hertz subwoofers going in whenever i can get my box cut. and alpine amplifier for the subs. my fronts and rears are off deck power (its the wifes daily) buy they are loud and clear for what they are (deici series)

Good work all around man, your buildlog is one of the very few i actually keep track of to see how its coming along.

Archived