85+ Degree Temps, W/ Mla Module, What Is Your Voltage?

It has everything to do with your question. Unless you have a peltier or something going on, your volts are going to drop slightly once your alternator warms up. Doesn't matter if you have an MLA module, stock alternator, external regulator, or anything else.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

It has everything to do with your question. Unless you have a peltier or something going on, your volts are going to drop slightly once your alternator warms up. Doesn't matter if you have an MLA module, stock alternator, external regulator, or anything else.

OK, I was really nice before, but now that your telling me that "YOUR" answer is the end of all answers, IT ISNT. Im looking for a read out number, NOT A "your volts are going to drop .4 .5 as it gets hot" NO shit, we all know that.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I had an MLA @ 15.3. The texas heat owned me.... I would dip to 14.4 after 20 minutes of driving with ac on and system at an acceptable level.

I switched to an external regulator and mounted it within the car itself, It's adjustable from 13-16. I set it at 15.3 and just to put it to the test I drove 150 miles round trip to visit with the folks in another city. About 75 miles each way.. At an average speed of around......82mph;). Coolant levels were in the 240 degree range. Usually with the MLA and internal regulator on long trips it'd actually drop into the high 13s once the engine got warmed up, the voltage regulator would literally go into protect mode at times because it exceeded the a safe zone temperature. I don't know how your car is. Mine has about 1/4 worth of an inch of clearance from the intake manifold. An that gets HOT on a good day, anyways the external regulator in my glove box made all the difference in the world. Whatever the setpoint is at... it stays.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

• 2 years later...

I had an MLA @ 15.3. The texas heat owned me.... I would dip to 14.4 after 20 minutes of driving with ac on and system at an acceptable level.

YO man where did u get ur alternator stuff or voltag? shit my truck only gets around 13.8 down here? can u hit me up in an email what ur electrical setup is? we got the same truck mines a 92 chevy

2 12' Fi Bl's

2 AQ2200

1 180 Amp Alternator(yea i know i need more amperage)

3 Optimas

0g wiring/big three

---------------------------

With my MLA module when it is cold start I can be around 15.5 in the mornings when it is around 75-80deg then on warm up about 14.8. When it is 90+ on cold start I will be at around 15.1 and after warm up in the 14.3 / 14.4 range.

Guest DC Power Kyle

See heres the thing...

When your voltage drops because of heat (even with the MLA module) its SUPPOSED to. When it's that hot outside your underhood battery is hot as well. You want your battery to charge lower when it's hotter outside or you risk swelling, venting, or damaging the battery in other ways. This will significantly decrease the battery lifespan. Compensating down is only to avoid thermal failure of the alternator and battery. By keeping your voltage up that high continually. You are bypassing a protection feature that is meant to help preserve the life of things..

To let everyone know my 270XP is extremely close to my exhaust as well. On a really hot day my voltage will drop to 14 volts (from 15 volts) and remain there indefinitely.

267930_10150258472414078_164026164077_7228687_4887066_n.jpg

FIA is air intake temperature.