Sonic Electronix

Would Having A Sub In A Box Too Small Be Bad?

well i have a cvr 12 with about .75cft and kicker recommends 1cft+ would having it in this current box for a month or two cause any real damage? if so how and what would happen to it. thanks

im not too too sure about damage but would guess no but the lows would lack from to small of a box.

I used to have 4 12" CVR's in about .8 sealed each after the displacements. They did just fine, but the lows couldve been better like said, but it wasnt too bad. Had em on a kx1200.1

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

im not too too sure about damage but would guess no but the lows would lack from to small of a box.

if it is a sealed box, put some polufill in it..and it will help some. Dunno if it makes it any better for the sub..Also I think with the smaller box it "reduces the RMS of the speaker", to a certain extent.. so may want to set the gain a little lower. with a combination of the two I do not see much of a problem.. IMO.

and if it is a ported box...well....could be a bad thing but I am not sure. polyfill probably would not help but do reduce the gain somewhat.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

if it is a sealed box, put some polufill in it..and it will help some. Dunno if it makes it any better for the sub..Also I think with the smaller box it "reduces the RMS of the speaker", to a certain extent.. so may want to set the gain a little lower. with a combination of the two I do not see much of a problem.. IMO.

and if it is a ported box...well....could be a bad thing but I am not sure. polyfill probably would not help but do reduce the gain somewhat.

yea its a sealed box.. 4 cvrs running off a bxi2006d hifonics.. at 2 ohm.. so i know my amp is a bit to small but all i can afford atm.. going to be building a 4-5cft box but it will be tough since its a single cab lol.. thanks for the help guys.

Ps. No wonder i thought the subs wernt able of hitting the lows too well.. now i know it was the box the whole time!

yea its a sealed box.. 4 cvrs running off a bxi2006d hifonics.. at 2 ohm.. so i know my amp is a bit to small but all i can afford atm.. going to be building a 4-5cft box but it will be tough since its a single cab lol.. thanks for the help guys.

Ps. No wonder i thought the subs wernt able of hitting the lows too well.. now i know it was the box the whole time!

the polyfill will help with the lows.."tricks" the sub into thinking it is a bigger box

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Archived